Chapter 23: A Mirror is Just a Reflection

--James' POV--

      I put Allison in my chair gently as I sit up, and she doesn't stir at all.

      "Let's talk, but not here. I don't want her to wake up and hear anything."

      "Okay boss, where do you want to talk?" Dustin whispers back to me.

      "Umm...follow me." I say as I begin to lead Dustin to the back room.

      We walk in and I turn on the lights. It takes a second, but the lights flicker on and show the room fully. I look over to the shelf. It's not just any old shelf, it's the shelf that I held Allison against and had one of the best kisses of my life. It wasn't anything more than a make-out, but it was amazing. I would gladly do it again. Anytime.

      "Are you alright boss?"

      "Oh, yes. I'm sorry Dustin I was just thinking," I say as I close the door and smirk to myself about my dirty thoughts, "what did you find out?"

      "Okay, so, I'm pretty sure that he is in Las Vegas. Based on the worldwide scans we have done, and different tests I had run secretly through the all of the teams in my division, I had him pinpointed somewhere in Vegas. We still have to get an exact location by hacking into security cameras, and then double check everything, but that's where he seems to be based on our first big scan."

      Vegas? Why would he go to Veg- never mind. Obviously an abusive asshole like him would run off to Las Vegas. There is plenty of drugs, and easy to find drinks. There are probably girls that he can cheat on his wife with all over the place, and same with her. There's no way they have a healthy marriage, especially if they are in Vegas. Not people like them. They don't deserve anything good.

      "Perfect. Perfect." I say to myself more than I do to Dustin, "Thank you. Honestly, thank you for everything. Could you let me know when you pinpoint a location?" I say this time addressing Dustin directly.

      "No problem boss, any time, it's what I'm here for. And yes, when I get a location I'll let you know for sure. It may be about a week, and may extend to a few weeks. It all depends on if he's good at hiding or if he even is hiding."

      "I completely understand, thanks Dustin."

      With that we leave the back room and I smile as I turn the light off, reminiscing a final time about the fun I had with Allison. When I re-enter my office, Allison is spinning in my office chair and I hear her say goodbye to Dustin as he walks out the door.

      "Did we wake you? I'm sorry baby girl."

      "No, I woke up because you weren't here Daddy. Then I saw papers on your desk that I figured I shouldn't touch so I started spinning on the chair. Did I do something wrong?"

      "Not at all, you're perfect sweetie, " I pause with a thought, "Did we forget something this morning?"

      She sits still and looks at the ground, her face overcome with thought, trying to answer my question. Finally it hits me,

      "Oh I know baby girl, we forgot to look in the mirror this morning." 

      "Ohhh, I'm sorry Daddy. I completely forgot to remind you an-"

      "Before you go into your cute little ramble because you're nervous, please don't worry about it," I cut her off because, if I wouldn't have, then she would've gotten way too upset about something super small, "anyways, we can do it now." 

      I gesture over to the wall opposite from us and she sees a full length mirror in the corner. I pretty much only have it in here so I can see what I look like before important meetings, and for others to use as well.