Chapter 38: Secrets Revealed

--James' POV--

      I can't tell if Allison is asleep or just having much too vivid of an imagination.

      Either way, it's not something she made up. She's in pain...twisting and turning on the bed as she mutters for the bad thing happening to her to just stop. She was awake when I went into the shower, but she could've fallen asleep really fast and started dreaming. Not dreaming, reliving something that I can only imagine resembles the interiors of Hell.

      Whether she is awake or not, I'm not going to let the pain she is going through continue. I walk over to the bed, climb in halfway whilst staying above the covers, and reach over to pet her head. This jolts her awake and she winces in pain from the many cuts on her body, which have all been nicely covered by bandages and only the deep one on her abdomen soaked through.

      None of that matters right now though...all that matters is learning what happened. It's going to be hard for her to talk about, and I honestly hope I'm overreacting about this and she just was having a bad nightmare. I hope. I hope so bad.

      "Baby, shhh it's all alright. Nothing bad is here, it's just me okay? You're going to be fine baby gir-"

      "Daddy I'm so sorry...I did a bad thing and you're going to leave me because I was a bad girl. I didn't mean to and I'm so sorry that I hurt you Daddy...I'm so so sorry!" She says cutting me off but obviously extremely distraught.

         What could she possibly be sorry for? Saying damn earlier? Is she upset about that because she's scared of breaking a rule? Could that be it? So many questions and all can only be answered by this broken little girl who has her head in my lap and is bawling her eyes out. Fuck the rules...I hope she knows that none of them matter right now. All that matters is her. Allison.

      "What baby, what are you sorry for? I guarantee you that I will not be mad at you one bit. I promise...you know what...I pinky promise." 

      At least this is able to get a laugh out of her and she locks her pinky with mine whilst still crying. She takes a breath before starting, but stops herself right as the first word is about to slip out. Something happened...and she was made to feel bad. This is definitely bigger than some dumb swearing.

      "O-Okay Daddy. When I was a-at M-M-Master's house he...well...he p-put me in the basement wh-where all the bad weapons are. I've b-been there before but it w-was worse this time...after he did a-all of this," She says gesturing to her cuts and bruises, "he came b-back a-a-and then he, well I moved a-after he slapped me w-which I'm not supposed to do...so he g-got mad. Then he just p-p-put two of h-his...and they hurt...and I ch-cheated on you Daddy and I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry..." She finishes beginning to sob again. 

      All of her words were shakey and she studdered through the whole thing...understandable but it just made me feel worse. My poor baby was so hurt by this man and she actually thinks she did something...that this was her fault. That man in my basement is going to go through something so much worse than death. Something worse than Hell.

      But not right now.

      Allison needs me. She opened up and it was not easy for her to do. She's scared and feels like she did something unforgivable. She think's I'm mad at her.

      "Baby girl can you look at me?" I ask making her pick her head up off of my lap and then raising it enough so she can look at me while still being comfortable and so her cuts aren't painful. "There's my good girl. You're so perfect and amazing, it blows my mind every day. I promised you that I wouldn't be mad and I can guarantee that I'm not going to break that promise. I am not mad at you in the slightest because you did nothing wrong. Baby, he did this to you. He hurt you and you didn't want it...which means you did nothing. It's his fault, not yours alright?"