Chapter 18: I'm Going to Make it Better

--James' POV--

      It's been a week. We are starting to get a schedule figured out between us .

      Allison doesn't like to be alone, which is very understandable. She has been slipping deeper into little space throughout the week, and isn't coming out of it very often. It's absolutely adorable. She is the most clingy little I've ever had, but it makes me feel like she really cares about me. Like she needs me just as much as I need her.

      I let her shower at night. I know she won't be comfortable letting me bathe her quite yet, but as we get closer she may be more open to it. I don't want to push her too far, especially after everything she's been through. I wake up in the mornings and shower. Allison wakes up when I do because she sleeps pretty much on top of me. I'm almost positive she goes back to sleep while I'm in the shower, but she can't sleep long unless I'm there.

      I get her ready and then she goes to get some breakfast while I get dressed. I join her after I am ready, and then we head out for wherever I have to be. Sometimes it's Magnar Inc. but sometimes it's somewhere else. 

      Allison hasn't put that bunny washcloth down either. I'm pretty sure she named it Harriet, because that's what she calls it whenever she plays. Watching her just be more comfortable makes me so happy. I want her to be able to be herself, and if this is who she is, I love her for it. 

      Now, it's finally the weekend again. Kyle is still staying with us and he has been a huge help. He watches Allison anytime I have to take a call or fill out some papers. He will do some papers for me if he is able too so I can spend more time with my Baby Girl. He is just a great addition to the whole house.

      I talked to Allison about nicknames and she said, I like it that I have special names when you say them. When you call me my full name or one of the amazing nicknames, there are butterflies flying in my tummy! That just made me smile because she truly appreciates me and everything about me.

      "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" Allison says happily, running up to me on the couch and jumping into my arms, "Do you want to see what I can do?"

      "Of course I do precious, what is it?"

      "Watch this..." Allison proceeds to throw the bunny, Harriet, into the air. It, or should I say she, does 2 flips and then Allison catches her and does a somersault.

      I clap my hands and smile at her, "That was amazing baby girl! I'm very impressed."

      She smiles and thanks me, when a thought appears and she becomes quiet. Allison's eyes show every emotion extremely clearly. It's easy to tell when she's happy, sad, angry, or deep in thought. He eyes are like a window into her.

      "What are you thinking about baby girl? Do you want to ask something?"

      "Well...I-it's just...I know you don't like it when I talk about this, but you told me to always tell you when something is wrong. S-so, I'm going to tell you..."

      "Okay sweetie, but just know I won't be angry with you."

      "O-okay Daddy. Umm, so when I was with Master he...he always wanted t-to do umm...stuff with me. He wanted to make himself feel good through me...a-and you haven't wanted to do that..."

      The pain I have in my heart for this girl just grows. I knew that Andrew was abusive, like that he would hit her, but I never imagined he would...do something like that.

      "Baby, can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you're too uncomfortable."

      "Of course you can, I'll try and answer..." she squeaks out