Chapter 53: Life

--James' POV--

      Allison starts breathing heavy.

      I know she doesn't want to go home. I get it. I don't really want to either, but we have to. We need to face reality no matter how much I would rather stay here with family.

      I hold her in my arms and rock her, with her eventually falling asleep. That's probably for the best because I don't want her to be too nervous about flying back home. I lay Allison down on the bed and go take a quick shower. I put on some black sweats and a random v-neck t-shirt

      Allison is already dressed in pretty comfortable clothes already, so I just slide on some of my sweatpants so her legs don't get cold. Thankfully, she doesn't wake up and I begin packing our suitcases. After about 15 minutes everything is packed, the last being the glowing rubber ducks from the bathtub.

      I smile looking at the ducks, remembering that great night with Allison. 

      "She's gunna be alright. It'll take time. But she'll be okay." I whisper to myself.

      I walk into the hall seeing everyone sitting along the wall talking softly.

      "Hey James, wheres Ally?" Kyle asks standing up.

      "She's asleep but she really doesn't want to go back home. She's scared, she had a really bad nightmare too. It woke her up this morning, I think it had something to do with Cadrick but I don't know."

      "Yeah, it probably did. Here, I'll grab your bags you grab Ally-cat and then we can get in your cousins limo and head to the private airport. Deal?"

      "Yeah alright, deal. Let's go."

      We open the door and all i see is Allison sleeping peacefully on the bed, cuddled up with Harriet. I walk over to her and pick her up as Kyle successfully picks up our luggage and carries it into the hallway. All of our security guards take their share of luggage, as do Kyle, Dustin, and Oliver, and I carry Allison out to the limo. I say hi to my cousin and he replies, then we all get into the car and he starts driving.

      I lay Allison across the bench seat with her head in my lap and she doesn't even squirm. Her face is relaxed and she actually looks peaceful for once. She's been anxious since everything started and I feel horrible, but it is nice to see her look so peaceful for once.

      As I look at her face I feel myself start to smile. I love this girl.

      "James?" Kyle whispers over to me from across the limo.

      "Yeah Kyle what is it?" I whisper in response trying not to wake up Allison.

      "We're almost at the airport. At this one we don't need to go through security though but once we get back whats the plan? Are we hurting them right away or are we going to wait?"

      "I...I don't have any idea. Allison isn't doing to well with the whole going home thing to begin with, so I want to get it over with. At the same time I don't know if that will just make it worse. I don't know what to do."

      "You never have this much trouble with killing. I mean I know you don't like it but...you've never felt like this." Dustin says sincerely.

      He's so right. Everything is so much more complicated now. I love working in my mafia, I mean...it's mine. It always has been. This mafia is my entire life at this point, disregarding Magnar Inc., and now it doesn't feel right. 

      Whatever, I'll figure myself out later. Allison is what's important now. Allison is all that matters to me.

      "Daddy?" I hear a faint whisper coming from my lap.

      Two big doe eyes flutter open and stare up at me and a cute little mouth forms an "O" shape as a small yawn escapes.

      "Good morning sweetheart. How'd you sleep?"

      "Okay...are we...you know...going home?" she asks with a sad look in her face and some tears beginning to form in her eyes.

      "Baby...we are. And I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I say as Allison's tears fall from her eyes and as she cuddles closer to me.

      I don't say anything else to her, instead just look up at Dustin and Kyle as they give me a sad look but neither of them know what to do. I don't even know what to do. So, I just grab her and pull her into my lap, put her hear on my shoulder, and then hold her. I hold her so tight.

      Eventually the car pulls up to the airport and we all make our way to the plane. Once everyone is on and buckled we take off and head back home. Allison sits on my lap crying for the majority of the flight which absolutely breaks my heart. 

      She's such a fragile little girl and I feel like I broke her. Yeah, I saved her from Cadrick. Yeah, I lover with my entire being. But I have the two people who broke her living under our home. I brought them there and that's not okay. I really fucked up.

      After hours upon hours of travel, along with hours of Allison's tears, we make it back to the house. Everyone kind of goes their separate ways, many going to their rooms to get some good sleep. The security leaves to go to their houses and I pay them for their service. Macy and Jeremy give Allison a ton of hugs making her giggle, her tear stained face turn into a smile for the first time today.

      Allison has Harriet in her hands and whispers into my ear that she wants to go to her play room with me and Kyle-dile. I smile and walk into the room, set her on a bean bag with a blanket, and then go grab Kyle.

      "Hey are you sleeping?" I ask walking into his room after knocking.

      "Nah, I'm awake. You need something?"

      "Yeah actually. Allison wants to play with us in the room. Probably color or something, she likes doing that."

      "Oh totally, I'd love to. Lets go." Kyle says as he starts walking out the door with me.

      We go into Allison's playroom and she has a book in her hand, looking at the pictures but obviously not reading the words.

      "Hey baby girl, Kyle-dile's here!" I say excited to make her excited as well.

      It works because I see her eyes light up as we walk in.

      "Can you guys read me and Harriet this stowy? And then we can draw some pictures maybe Daddy?"

      "Of course baby, let's read!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey everyone, thanks for reading!

I've been working on this chapter for FOREVER and it's still so bad.

I'm sorry!!! Next one will be betterrrr!

Love you all and thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments! I LOVE responding to them!

See you next time in.....Saved from Master!!!!