Chapter 51: Magic

--James' POV--

      Allison and I go to a nearby park and walk along the pathway, looking at all the trees and flowers.

      She's squeezing my hand tightly, but no longer breathing as heavily which is a great sign. I know she's still scared to go home, but she isn't as scared as she seemed the second me walked outside. She was freaking out and everything felt much worse to her...which I understand perfectly.

      I'm freaking out too. I'm petrified to go back. Killing people isn't fun, not even when they deserve it. Nobody thinks it's fun, even if they tell you they love it. The more people that are killed by you or because of you, the more weight is put on top of your head. Too much weight and you topple over. Now, this won't make me topple over. The people I'm going to kill mean nothing to me. But it's just the act of killing...

      "Daddy, look at the pretty butterfly!"

      "It's beautiful baby, but I see something much prettier than the butterfly."

      "What's that Daddy?"

      "You baby girl. You are the prettiest thing in all of Las Vegas...actually...In the whole wide world!"

      "No way Daddy...that's a lot of people! How can I be prettier than all of them?"

      "Baby, you just are. You're the most beautiful person ever and I love you so so so much."

      "I love you too Daddy. I love you thiiisss much!" Allison says stretching her arms out super wide.

      "That's a lot baby!" I say laughing and then engulf her in a hug that makes her giggle.

      "Can I ask you something Daddy?" Allison says as we sit on a park bench.

      "Always baby girl, what is it?"

      "When you...umm...hurt the bad men in our basement...can I be somewhere else? I don't want to be there when it happens. I'm too scared."

      "Of course sweetie. I wouldn't expect you to want to be there anyways. What if Jeremy and Macy take you somewhere? Would that be alright?"

      "Yeah, that'd be perfect Daddy. Thankies!!"

      "Of course baby, do you wanna go back to the room and see Kyle-dile and everyone else?"

      "Yes pwease." She says as a yawn escapes her lips.

      Her hands move to rub her eyes and I stop them, making her giggle and remember that she could hurt her eyes by doing that. She's slipping into little space a bit more now and I can tell she wants to be carried. We're almost back to the hotel so I scoop her up into my arms for the rest of the short walk and she nuzzles her head into my shoulder.

      "Hey Gregory?" I ask softly as he makes his way next to me.

      "Yes Mr. Magnar?"

      "I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you coming with us and that I'm sorry it was so unexpected."

      "No problem at all sir, it's what I'm here for."

      "Well thanks Gregory, and when we get back you can go hang in your room or do whatever you'd like until the showtime if that's alright?"

      "Sounds perfect sir, thank you."

      I smile and nod as he opens the door for Allison and myself. We make our way back to the room with Allison half asleep in my arms. I open our door to see the three guys sitting around the TV engrossed in some random cooking show. Who knew these are the things they like watching. I chuckle to myself as I lay Allison on the bed and give her Harriet to cuddle while I take both of our shoes off. 

      She whines a little when I make her let go of me, but reassure he that I'll be right back. The guys finally all say some for of "hi" when I walk in front of the TV to put our shoes by our bag. I just laugh again and get into bed with Allison so she won't whine anymore.

      We stay like that for awhile until it's about 7:30 at night. Allison had time for a nap and we all played a few rounds of games like Uno and Go Fish which made Allison really happy. Then we all had to get ready so the guys went back to their rooms, probably to mess around until the last second before getting dressed. 

      I knew Allison would want to take some extra time to get ready which is why I made them leave so early. She goes into the bathroom to curl her hair slightly making it a little wavy and doing some smoky makeup. It looks absolutely breathtaking on her. She doesn't do makeup very often, let alone stuff more intense and it looks stunning. She always looks stunning, but this is just so different from her normal look and it's so nice.

      Her eyes are mainly black but she added some dark red or maroon color to the outer edge to smoke it out and it matches her dark maroon lipstick. It's so beautiful. She also adds some winged eyeliner and long fake eyelashes which just make her eyes look even larger than normal and she looks stunning. 

      After she's done with hair and makeup she puts on a simple black dress with a V neckline. The hem at the bottom is asymmetrical and the straps at the top are quite thin. It's a very nice dress and looks as if it almost wraps around her body, accentuating her features. However, I'm shocked that this is what she chose to wear.

      We brought a few dresses with us just in case, and most of them cover her arms and quite a bit of her legs because she's uncomfortable with her scars. This dress is the only one that shows so much of her arms since it's a spaghetti strap. The scars aren't as noticeable as they were a week or two ago, but she still isn't normally comfortable with them. She's been wearing long sleeves and hoodies ever since the worst day ever and this is the first time I've seen her wear something to show so much of her arms since.

      It makes me smile that she's getting more comfortable with herself.

      "You look stunning baby girl. I've never seen a more beautiful girl in my whole life."

      "Thank you so much...d-do you think people will stare at my arms?"

      "Baby, I think if people so much as take a second glance at you tonight they're going to regret it. You don't need to worry about anyone but yourself alright? I'm here and I'll protect you."

      "I thought that was Gregory's job..." She replies with a smirk and I can't keep a straight face.

      "Hey, don't use my own words against me now!" I say laughing which makes her giggle.

      I head into the bathroom to change into my black button down, black suit jacket, and black pants. I put a little gel in my hair and make it look a little nicer than before, and then come out of the bathroom to see Allison slipping on some black heels. It's about 8:00 and we should probably get going to the show, so I put my shoes on and we meet everyone in the hall.

      They all tell Allison how amazing she looks and I can tell it boosts her confidence greatly. She begins smiling which just makes me smile even more. She's starting to love herself again.

      "Let's go see a magic show!" I say making Allison very excited.

      "Lead the way Princess!" Kyle says bowing down to her.

      I don't know how tonight could get any more magical than it already has been seeing Allison become more comfortable with herself.