Chapter 39: Clingy Baby Girl

--James' POV--

      I wake up to the noise of my phone.

      Of all things that could've woken me up today, why did it have to be my phone?

      Allison is still sleeping, which is probably for the best, and she also still has my thumb just resting in her open mouth. Adorable. So, before the dumb phone wakes her up I grab it just to see Kyle's contact picture and name.

      "What the hell do you need Kyle?" I ask in a whisper, trying to make sure Allison doesn't wake up.

      "I'm sorry man but I figured you'd want to know this. I'm looking at the security camera footage from last night and Dustin went to the basement. He came up alone, but what do you think he told Cadrick? What do you think Cadrick told him? I mean, he came up crying. Something had to happen..."

      "Turn the volume up on the camera in the basement dumb ass..." I say in a joking tone making Kyle laugh.

      "Oh wow I'm an idiot. Okay, do you want to hear it too or not?"

      "Yeah can you put the phone to the speaker of the monitor?" I ask still maintaining a low voice, noticing Allison stir when my voice slightly raises. I gently brush my hand across her head and she stills, moving closer to my touch.

      All of a sudden my ear is flooded with two voices.

      It's all introductions at first. Dustin is obviously mad at Cadrick...understandable for what he did to my baby girl, but still probably an important thing to note. Dustin asks about some recordings Cadrick made...then I hear something I'll never be able to unhear.

      "Are you talking about the special recording of me finger fucking the bitch. Oh wow Dustin, that's your question? Really? Well, I put it in my room. Then, I went to my room...played it on my computer...and jerked off. Oh it was so hot, seeing her hopeless little face and hearing that first scream when I shoved my fingers into her tight little pu-"

      Holy shit. He's sick. How could anyone find...pleasure in something so...vile? Something so horrible? He's a terrible man, if he can even be considered a man anymore. He's fucked up in the head and should get serious help...if he wasn't going to die.

      But then...then I hear something that changes my view on everything.

      "Wow, how do you think father would feel about you being so mean to your own brother Dustin?"

      "No, we aren't brothers anymore. Blood means nothing. I moved out, legally changed my last name so I wasn't associated with you anymore. We aren't brothers. The only reason I helped you is because you were going to kill mom, and you know that asshole."

      "I guess now would be a good time to tell you that mom's dead, right? Dad killed her a month ago, but I guess it worked out for me."

      Dustin must have left the room after that because the audio stops. It goes silent.

      "Holy shit I'm sorry man...I didn't kn-"

      "It's fine. Look, I'm going to wait for Allison to wake up, give her a bath...or at least try...and then I'll deal with this mess."

      "Alright, sounds good. Should I get at Dustin for going to the basement?"

      "No, that's his brother. Nobody knew that, but we do now. It changes a lot and we can't be such assholes towards him anymore. I would the same thing for Allison that he did for his mother, working with someone I hate to save her life. I have a feeling you would do it for Catherine. Let's give him time. And be nice."