Log. 54: Friends and Foes

—Present life. Blue Smoker's Pub, year 2017—

[06.49 PM] To Jimin: Hey there, busy boy. Are we still on tonight?

[06.51 PM] From Jimin: Tonight? Oh, the date. Yes, of course.

[06.53 PM] To Jimin: What? Did you forget about me already? :(

[06.56 PM] From Jimin: Of course not, baby. How could I ever?

[06.57 PM] From Jimin: I can't stop thinking about you

[06.58 PM] To Jimin: Me too

[06.59 PM] To Jimin: Miss you already :(

[07.01 PM] From Jimin: Miss you too. Are you on your way to see Tae?

[07.04 PM] To Jimin: Yeah. I'll be waiting for you there. If that's okay.

[07.06 PM] From Jimin: Good. I'll be there to pick you up once you're done. Just remember, tonight, you are mine.

"Let me guess. You must be texting my cousin."

Startled, I snapped my head to see Jisoo in the driver's seat, giving me a knowing smile as she glanced at my way while she continued driving.

"Is it really that obvious?" I asked her, making her laugh instead.

"It really is when you have that dreamy look in your eyes while you're typing on the phone. And you barely raised your head to make sure you wouldn't miss a thing. Tell me if there is any other time when you would normally reply to a message so quickly the way you do with Jimin."

I chewed my lips, realising that she was absolutely right. I was not the type of person who would keep my phone in my hand 24/7, but I would always have a hard time looking away from the device when it had to do with Jimin.

"Sorry, I hope you don't mind me being extra busy with your cousin," I said to her with a grin.

Jisoo only shrugged. "It's fine. I love seeing the two of you happy. You both mean a lot to me and it makes me happy when you guys are."

"Awww, that's so sweet of you," I teased her while leaning my head against her shoulder and she laughed even harder.

"You better stop that right now before I drive this car into a tree!"

My head fell back as I laughed and I leaned back in my seat. "Is it weird to have your roommate dating your cousin though?"

Jisoo creased her eyebrows for a moment before shaking her head. "Not really. And it's almost-ex-roommate, by the way. You're practically never there," she said before pouting playfully to tease me.