Log.18: Dawning

—First life, year 2016—

"We're here!"

I looked up as my flatmate started screaming joyfully as she ran ahead of me. She had been practically dragging me down the streets all the way to the frat house, heading to where one of the loudest party of the year was being held that night.

"Oh my God, look it's packed already! And I can hear the music from here! I wonder if anyone is calling the cops already," she squealed in awe, almost hopping on her heels with her hands pulling my wrist to make sure I was not going to run away. "Sure hope they have enough booze for all these people!"

"I absolutely hope so," I answered her with a groan. Both of my ankles were sore because of the dreadful heels she made me wear. My answer was also my silent prayer, for that was the only reason why I had agreed to join her tonight. After the whole semester of being stuck in classes, never-ending assignments, and binding exams, I was going to need some alcohol boost to help me let loose. I was pretty sure that everyone that filled the house had the same thoughts as I did.

It was the last day of our final exam, after all.

It was not that I hated going to parties. I mean, I have had my shares of partying myself. All those nights I spent dancing my ass off with strange college boys and jocks, and waking up in the morning with hangovers. But that was last semester. That was my life before I started failing in classes and finding myself nearly losing my best friend who had grown tired of taking care of my drunken mess every night when he was supposed to be studying.

Tonight became my only ticket out since Taehyung had gone back to our hometown right after his exams had ended, and I had told my flatmate that I needed to have a night out. There was nothing better than drinking my misery away after getting through an exam, especially the one which I may have completely failed myself in.

"Yura, come on, you need to slow down and chill. At least give me time to breathe for a bit," I whined and tried to pull my hand off her clutching grip.

"Okay, okay," she giggled, finally letting me go and turning to face me so she could take a look closer at my dress and makeup. "Well, I did pretty well. You look less like a girl who's been drowning in papers for the whole year."

"Thank you for the help, my Fairy Godmother," I laughed with her as I playfully bowed. "I already told you that I'm only coming with you to grab drinks, I don't really see the point of why I should dress up like this. Unless you really are expecting me to hook up with a beer jug."

She laughed and shrugged. "You never know. I might not be the only one who's getting lucky tonight," she said, before pacing towards the front door, swaying her hips as she walked past a few boys who were hanging out and drinking on the driveway.