Log.23: Departure

—First Life. Jeon Residence, year 2026—

I arrived at my old house four days after—the house where I had built my life with my husband for years.

It was awfully weird to sit inside the car and stare at the house I have known for so long, to come back again after that one eventful evening when my life was shattered completely in one blow. I was amazed by the fact that even if I haven't been gone for too long, it still felt like I have been away for years. Time became insignificant after having to go through so many things and had to endure an amount of struggles in such a short amount of time. And now as I gazed upon the house that was once my shelter, all I could sense was how distant and estranged I felt towards the place that I had once called home.

"Are you alright?" Yoongi asked me carefully. I could feel his attentive gaze on me even before I turned to land my eyes on him. He was the one who drove me to this place, in exchange for my busy older brother. And he was the man I had chosen to accompany me on my trip after knowing how much anger my older brother still secretly held against my husband.

"I'm fine," I answered him with a smile. "It's just that—it feels weird to be back here again. I feel like it's now a foreign place for me. Like I don't belong here anymore."

"Do you want me to come in with you?"

I opened my mouth to answer but stopped myself the moment my eyes landed on the garage. The garage door was slightly opened, and I could faintly see the presence of his car inside. "His car is there. Unless he went to work in someone else's car, then he might be in the house right now."

I could hear Yoongi suddenly getting ready to step out of the car and I turned to question him, "What are you doing?"

"I'm coming in with you. I'm not letting you go in there alone."

"What?" I tried to stop him. "You do realise that if he is home, having you there with me when I talk to him will only make things worse, don't you? He'll blame you for everything when you—"

He faltered on his seat and locked his eyes on me while resting his hand on the door handle. The look on his face was filled with worry, anger, and—

"Something happened, didn't it?" I asked him, and by how his lips turned into a tight line, I knew I was right. "Yoongi, did he come to you while I was away?"

He groaned and leaned back on his seat. His eyes flickered with annoyance and regrets, while he clenched his hands over his thighs as he spoke, "You were right about him blaming things on me. He has been putting the blame on me about you leaving him since day one," he said, stopping to release a deep sigh and looked away. "He has been coming to my apartment, looking for you. He tried to contact your old phone that you left at my place. And when he failed, he contacted everyone who knows you, trying his best to get ahold of you and find out where you are."