Log.31: Second Chances

—First life. Jung Family's Residence, year 2027—

My father retreated in silence after our confrontation, hiding away in his solitude somewhere in the house. He had never even got to see me falling to the floor in pain after the encounter, or gave me a chance to explain about my condition. But I figured that should only happen another time. I had confronted him and told him everything I needed to say, and that was enough for one night.

Neither of us was the same by the end of the night. But Kara was strong enough to convince Hoseok and me to stay the night, knowing that my brother was not in the condition to drive us anywhere and I was in even worse condition and desperately needing to rest.

I found myself sitting inside my old bedroom when the night ended, resting on top of my old bed while staring out the window to watch the night sky that was void of stars. There were mixed of different emotions, too overwhelming to describe or to make sense of. So I only sat there in the dark, in silence, as I let everything sink in.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Hoseok's voice interrupted my thoughts as he entered the room without making any other sound. He sat next to me, staring at the same view I was so focused on to listen to me.

I gave him a pursed smile, hugging my folded knees as I helped him recall what had happened then. "How could I? You were too focused on what happened in the house when I had mostly been away, and you were Dad's number one supporter regarding to putting all the blame at me, having been listening to Dad all the time and had him convince you otherwise. You never gave me a chance and disowned me right away."

He sighed. "I never meant anything I said."

"Whether it was meant to be voiced out loud or not, it still broke me," I told him. "You were the one I trusted most, Hoseok. And even you didn't give me a chance to explain what I was going through, or even convince me to stay."

We turned to look at each other at the same time, exchanging remorseful glances as our silent apologies. He gave me a pursed smile as he put his arm around me, pulling me close to him so I could rest my head on his shoulder. "I was devastated when you left. I shouldn't have said all those things. I was blindsided, to say the least, when I first heard you mentioned about helping Jungkook and wanting to give him another chance, I just—It was the look on Mom and Dad's face that made me disappointed at your choice. And you were never here when Mom got sick, and all I heard was Dad's words against you. I should've given you the benefit of a doubt, or try to reach out so I could understand what you were going through. You must have felt lost and confused."

"And alone," I finished his sentence, earning a soft scowl coming from him before he released a bitter sigh. "I felt so alone. I had no one to run to, or to talk to about all the things that happened to me at once. With all the blame being put straight at me, it left me no choice but to run back to Jungkook in the end. Because he was the only one who wanted me, the only one who would listen to me and gave me a chance to be loved. He was there with his arms wide open to welcome me and promised me love when I decided to go back to him."