Log.34: Intervention

—First life. ______'s flat, year 2018—

I must have had a weak heart.

That would be the only plausible explanation as to why I ended up allowing him to help me. It was not like I had any other choice, however. I had just been released by the hospital a few days ago, and after my parents found out how stubborn I was to stay in my flat despite being unable to function properly on my own—heck, I could not even walk anywhere without having to use my crutches—they insisted to pick me up and take me home so they could take care of me.

Conveniently, right at the day when they were already making their way over, Taehyung suddenly disappeared.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was always there.

Ever since the day he gave me and Taehyung a ride home from the hospital, Jungkook almost never left my side. He may have seemed terribly awkward and out of place at first, when Taehyung handled everything the moment we arrived in my flat, nursing me and setting up the place for me to be able to rest properly. Taehyung even cooked dinner for the three of us, pushing aside his anger which he had for Jungkook for my sake.

But sometime during the night, as Taehyung let himself slipped out of the room, Jungkook immediately took over. He helped me with all the trivial things I was not able to do; from going to the bathroom, preparing myself for bed, he even cuddled with me as we watched TV and even gave me massages when I felt sore. He kept stealing chances of being alone with me and taking care of me when Taehyung was taking care of something else.

In the end, he was the one tucking me into bed after Taehyung suddenly decided to leave early.

The next day, Taeyung never bothered to come. He only called to check up on me, and the moment he found out that Jungkook had been there since before I even woke up, he only told me that he would be busy. All I had from him that day was a few phone calls and text messages to ask how I was doing and to confirm if Jungkook was still there. That continued for the next day and the day after. He never even bothered calling me at all today.

With my predicament and the lack of help, I had no other choice but to let Jungkook lend a hand as I needed to pack up and get ready to leave. He was the only one who was here today, after all, when he came offering to help when I told him about my plan of leaving for a while. So there he was, kneeling on the floor, helping me pack up my clothes and some other belongings into my bags before my parents would come to pick me up, while I sat on the edge of my bed.

"So, you're going to stay home while focusing on your recovery? What about your classes?" Jungkook asked me as he was arranging my belongings into my bag. I already missed finals when during my long stay in the hospital, and the new semester would be starting while I was still undergoing treatments and therapies.