Log.19: Promises

—First life. _____'s flat, year 2016—

The coffee date we had that morning became the first of many.

And we certainly did not just stop at coffees. We met almost every day. He had taken me out to see some movies and sometimes for dinners on the weekends. We hung out after classes at the basketball court whenever he had games with his brothers from the frat house. There were also times when we would just hang out at his house so I could watch him play video games or listen to him leisurely strumming his guitar. And for the last few weeks, he had been hanging out in my flat, either with his books so he could study next to me, or with popcorns and beer so we could watch Netflix while lounging together on the couch.

"Hey, your boyfriend is here." Yura popped into my room while I was studying. It was the fourth Friday night after I had first met Jungkook, and even though he had been coming regularly afterwards, I most certainly had not been expecting him to show up.

"My— what?" We shared awkward glances for a second. My head was literally buried between my books and my papers when she came in, so it took me a while to process what she had just told me. "Oh. Oh! No, he's not my—"

"Yeah, right. Keep telling yourself that," she scoffed, rolling her eyes as she had always done whenever I denied it. "I already let him in. You kids better make sure not to get too nasty while I'm out, okay?" She threw me a wink before she walked out, and I could hear her saying the same thing to Jungkook as she walked past him on her way out of the flat.

He was standing in the middle of the living room when I left my bedroom, looking awkwardly handsome between the common mess in our flat. He was staring at a movie poster I had put up on the wall with his head tilted sideways.

"What are you doing here?" I said, leaning on my doorway as I kept my eyes on him.

He turned around and grinned at me the moment he saw me. "Is there something wrong with me being here?"

I shrugged and walked closer. "I don't know. Why don't you tell me? Aren't you supposed to be at the house, hosting the party with your brothers?"

He looked down on his watch. "It's 7.30 pm. I'm always here to sit with you at this exact moment, at this specific time every night to study with you. And judging from that short pyjama pants I know you won't be there at the party when it starts later, which means I may have nothing interesting to be expecting to see at that party."

I smiled at him. "I already told you this morning that I'm not going."

"The more reason to stay then," he said, flopping down on the couch, right next to his backpack that somehow had already claimed its spot.

I shook my head. "I don't get you."

"What don't you get?"

I walked over to stand between his spread legs. "You. Being here. I thought you'd be more excited about partying than being stuck here and study with me."