Log.36: Caught In A Lie I

—First life, year 2027—

"Hang in there. Just hold on, okay?"

My eyes were closed tight but I could feel the strain in Yoongi's voice, and the way his whole body was still and stiff as he held me. He had me laid down on the back seat of the car with my head resting halfway on his lap, a measure he had to take in order to keep hold of me while making sure that my back would not be hurting so much. I tried to open my eyes, looking up to see him through my hazy sight, finding him looking at me with a deep frown.

"Just a little while longer, so hold on," he said, encouraging and calming me down as much as he could. Then he suddenly winced. It was then when I finally noticed that I had his hand clutched tightly in mine while I tried to hold back the pain I was feeling. I opened my mouth to apologise, only to have no voice coming out of me but a soft whimper.

"How is she?" I heard Hoseok spoke from the driver's seat, and Yoongi snapped his head to look ahead.

"She's awake. I think she's still in pain," Yoongi answered my brother with a terrible shudder in his voice.

"Hold on to her. We're almost there," Hoseok said as the car started to speed up again, making Yoongi slightly swayed on his seat. The sudden movement from the car felt like a stab on my back that I released a gasp. "I'm so sorry, just hang on for a while."

"Just drive carefully. Or else none of us will get there in one piece at all," Yoongi snapped at him, before I felt his arm that I was not holding wrapping my shoulder gently and he leaned down. "Close your eyes and take a deep breath, _____. We'll get you to help."

I could only nod my head and close my eyes tightly, willing my whole body to relax and forget where I was and what was happening.

It had been two weeks since Hoseok and I returned from our hometown. Two weeks after the exhausting short visit to see our father. We had dealt with hospital visits after, handing the records to Dr. Kim as I had another examination. Between tests results and rearranging future treatments, I had also been dealing with work as well.

Perhaps I had strained my body too much, forcing myself to keep working and travelling without a proper break. And then, ever since a few days ago, the ache in my body started to grow more and more intense until it became too unbearable for me to deal with. The painkiller no longer worked, the exhaustion kept refusing to leave me even after I had enough sleep. Then it peaked just yesterday, when I felt like my whole body was breaking apart only by trying to push myself up on my bed.

Both Hoseok and Yoongi had forced me to stay in bed the whole day, thinking that resting enough would help me recover. Yet it only had gotten worse the moment I woke up this morning. When I found myself having the most excruciating pain and I could not move my body without wanting to scream and cry.