Log.26: Void

—Present life. Blue Smoker's Pub, New Year's Eve, year 2016—

[08.33 PM] From Jimin: I'm sorry but there's an emergency, I think I'm going to be late. Will it be okay to wait a little while?

We had agreed to meet at the pub which I had been going to. Jimin had wanted to see all the places I had been hanging out with my friends or with Taehyung at, and this was the only place I have never taken him along with. I had my reasons for not doing so, but I really could not pick a different place for tonight. After finding out that the frat houses were going to have their own private parties, I decided that coming here tonight would be a pretty good idea.

Because that would only mean that he may not be here tonight.

That was until I got there, alone and a bit early, to find the place nearly packed for the event that was about to start. I looked around through the crowds, seeing the stage being prepared at the corner of my eyes as I walked over to the bar. The bartender gave me a quick smile when he saw me, asking me with a nod, "The usual?"

"Yes, please," I answered, chuckling. One of the many things I still loved about this place was that everyone had become so familiar with each other that it made me feel safe to sit there on my own. I had never felt worried about strangers coming up to my space since Max, the bartender, would be ready to kick their ass if they ever tried to.

He stayed with me whenever he was not too preoccupied with his patrons so we could talk, just so I would not feel as lonely as I waited. Something I was deeply grateful for, because it stopped me from looking around at the crowd. He did eventually start getting busier as people kept coming in, leaving me with my own thoughts and my drink at the corner of that bar. Everything was going on well for a while, until—

"Is this seat taken?"

There was no need to look over to see who it was. His voice alone ignited all the feelings I had never felt before, and I had heard his voice whispering to me in my dreams all the kind of things I never wanted to relive again.

Jungkook.

Cold shivers started running down my spine since I certainly was not expecting him to be there. I was reluctant to turn around to respond to him, having a part of me screaming for me to ignore. But there was a part of me that had been wanting to see him again, something that felt a lot stronger that I could not stop myself from turning to look over my shoulders. With a long deep breath, I pushed away the grimace on my face as look at him, forcing a smile as I did so.

"I'm with someone." I tried to keep my breath and my voice steady as I answered him, hoping to keep our good distance as much as I could.

"Oh yeah?" He leaned onto the bar counter with a smirk, before he made an exaggerated move of glancing around the room until his eyes landed back on me. "I don't see anyone. I've been watching you for a while and you've been alone for quite some time."