Log.2: First Life

—Jeon Residence, year 2026—

Mornings were always the same.

I would wake up alone, finding the opposite side of the bed empty. Sometimes with ruffled sheets as a subtle hint of him joining me on the bed when I was fast asleep, only then leaving the bed and my sleeping figure before sunrise, before I opened my eyes to find him there. On other times, the sheets on his part of the bed would stay cold and tidy, which happened mostly when he either spent his night out and away from home, or when he hid in his private home office, the only part of the house that was restricted to all, even to his own wife.

It was one rare morning, when I woke up finding the other half of the bed being occupied by my very own husband, still lost in his deep sleep. It had been quite a while since I found myself sharing the enormous bed with him, and it had been a while since I was able to look into his sleeping face, with him lying so close to me. He looked so peaceful, and I completely have forgotten all the tension that we always had when he wakes.

I lied still on the bed, with my body facing him as I watched him closely, enjoying the serene moment and his beautiful face while he was lost in his dreams, regretting the reality that we had between each other in our lives. Admitting silently in my heart that behind every anger I had for him, no matter how much I felt my heart boiling of hate and sadness when I was sharing my life with him, I still loved him. I loved my husband with all my heart. And nothing could change that.

At least, at that morning I believed it so.

I believed nothing in my life could change. For better or worse.

Completely oblivious at the twist of fate that was about to happen.

I placed two plates of food on the dining table, walking off to pour myself some coffee before sitting down with my breakfast. I had decided to leave the bed an hour ago, immediately making myself busy by preparing breakfast for two.