Log.11: Reunion

—St. Vincent's Hospital, Emergency Unit, year 2026—

A blurry sight of Yoongi shouting on his phone came first when I opened my eyes, before I shut them close again and everything disappeared.

There were blinding lights and the faint sound of sirens that came next. Strained voices of people around me were muffled by the throbbing sound in my head.

Fast paced lights started moving over me. Oh, wait, no—actually it was me that was moving in speed. I could not feel or move my body, but I knew I was moving.

I could see everything from the corner of my eyes as I came in and out of my consciousness.

This has happened before. Wait, when was it? Oh right, it was that night. It's happening again. Then this must be the hospital.

I could hear Yoongi's voice speaking from a distance right after I felt my body had stopped moving around. This also happened before, but it's—different. Who was it then? Taehyung? Tae—where could he be—

"...and she just fell to the floor. One second she was fine, and the next..."

"...as we can. Are you her relative..."

"...he's on his way here."

"...when she wakes up, we'll..."

But I'm awake. I'm here. Why can't I open my eyes? Why can't I say anything? I can hear everything, but why can't I feel my own body, what is wrong with me?

Wake up, _____. Please wake up—

I couldn't tell how long I was out. But when I finally came to, I was welcomed by silence. A thick scent of antibiotics was wafting in the air, making me feel nauseated. I opened my eyes as I inhaled a deep breath, letting the air out with a sigh while I adjusted my eyes to the bright lights around me.

I hated hospitals. And I was ready to lash out at the one person who must have brought me here.

The throbbing pain in my head came back. Everything felt heavy and I let out a groan as I tried to move my head to look around. It took me a moment before my eyes were able to see things clearly, allowing me to catch a sight of someone shifting next to the bed where I was laid on.

"You're awake."

I turned my head, finding Yoongi sitting next to the bed. He was staring at me with a pursed smile and a pair of tired eyes.

"Yoongi. What happened?" A groan escaped me as I spoke. I felt so tired, so powerless, but I tried to fight it and forced myself to wake.

"You passed out. It happened so fast and it totally freaked me out. You almost gave me a heart attack, you know?"