Log.22.5: Jimin

(Jimin's POV)

—First Life. Seoul, 2018—

I sat at the empty spot which I found not too far from the stage.

My chest was still heaving as I took deep breaths of air, and I could feel my hair sticking onto my forehead, all drenched with sweat. The adrenaline rush still had full control over my body. I could feel it on the fast pounding happening in my head, and the rapid heartbeat I felt inside my chest. The sound of the music was still blasting from the speakers, followed by the sounds of people cheering towards the stage.

I finally raised my head when someone came to put a small towel over my head. Holding the towel with my hand to keep it from falling, I looked up to see who it was. My eyes soon landed on Jae's grinning face.

"It felt good, didn't it?" he asked me, while rubbing a towel to dry his own hair. "Do you think we got it? The younger crew seems to be doing such a good job," he said, turning his head and nodded at the stage.

I followed his gaze to watch the performance on stage by another crew. Our dance crews knew each other, since we have been joining the same competitions simultaneously and meeting up on each match. We have built such a strong bond of friendship and rivalry with each other, although they have been more respectful to us since the members of our dance crew are their seniors—both in age and experience. I watched in awe while drying the sweats off my face as they did their tricks, and followed every movement with my eyes. The cheers got louder each time and I had to admit, they were our most fierce competition to date.

"They seem to be getting better each time we see them, huh?" I spoke to Jae, loud enough to beat the music.

Jae nodded while glancing at me with a proud grin, "They sure do. Does it make you worry?"

I only chuckled and returned my gaze to the stage, right when I saw one of their newest recruit making a small mistake at the back. "Nah," I merely laughed and grinned at the sight. "I won't worry about it. I have a feeling that we got this one on our hand."