Log. 47: White Picket Fences

—First life

—First life. St. Vincent's Hospital, year 2027—

Jimin made good of his words by sticking up to me more each day and for staying instead of running.

I was slowly getting better after the last relapse while he was recovering from his, and I was finally no longer under the 24-hours watch list which I have been placed on so the guys no longer spent the night nor they were wasting most of their time with me.

The first night I was finally being left on my own without my guardians, Jimin peeked into the bedroom after the nurses were done making their last rounds of the night and the lights had been switched off.

"No brothers around?" he asked me with a sly grin. I noticed that he was wearing his sleeping attire with a long coat on, and his fuzzy slippers which made it possible for him to walk around without making too much noise. He looked warm enough to wrap my arms around to defeat the room's cold temperature that I had to resist grabbing him closer to me.

Or maybe I just missed him.

"Nope. They've finally decided that I'm a big girl and let me be," I answered him while shaking my head.

"Good," he said, before he quickly made his way to my bed. I carefully scooted over so he could slip beside me. It took us merely seconds to get ourselves comfortable as we got entangled under the covers, having been used to do this a few times before already ever since the first time I spent the night with him like this, when we would take turns to visit each other and stay the night.

Jimin lied on his side, his eyes meeting mine as he pulled me closer by my waist. "Hi there," he whispered, smiling softly to me.

"Hello," I said to him. "Did you memorise the nurses' rounds schedule to slip away?"

"What if I did?" he looked down with an evil grin.

"You are so bad," I chuckled, while his grin only widened.

"What? It's not like they can kick either of us out anyway," he defended himself and made me laugh.

"I missed you today," I whispered to him once we came down from laughing, suddenly feeling sentimental now that he was here. His presence always did that to me. He made me feel safe and secure each time my loneliness was close to taking over.

Jimin smiled, suddenly obvious how tired he looked but hid it well when he placed a kiss at the tip of my nose. Sighing deeply, he tightened his arms around me. "Sorry, it was a long day. The doctor gave me some vitamins and I could barely stay awake after taking it. Then I got a few visitors in the afternoon. My cousin dropped by before she is off to the States with her husband and kids, and they brought in a few old friends to see me. I got so caught up with them for a couple of hours. Then I got so exhausted after they all went home that I wasn't allowed to make any trips outside of my room."