Log.8: Action

—St. Lucas Hospital, Special Treatment Room, year 2012. Day 10 of treatment—

"Reincarnation—the rebirth of a soul in another body."

"So I died, and then reincarnated into my own body, and restarted my life on my teenage years?"

It was another long and boring day at the hospital, and both Taehyung and I had been spending a whole two hours reading the books that he brought back from our school's library. Most of them were filled with different kinds of phenomenon known to the world—both nonfiction and fiction wise—along with some information that he found by browsing through the internet. Everything he could get that was somewhat related to my situation, all gathered together to be able to find the answers we needed to find.

Well, that, and we also had too many free time in the hospital.

"Do you feel like you've experienced death, or something like that?" He replied my previous question without looking away from his laptop. "And besides, you don't really get to choose which body that your soul will fall into, don't you?"

"Aren't reincarnation supposed to happen when I was being born? You said it yourself, it's a rebirth thing. I'm fifteen now."

"Hush—We're only stating all the options, aren't we?"

"Right," I answered him, going back to the book I had on my lap. "And don't you hush me, I was only making sure."

He ignored me, still busy scrolling through his laptop. "Well, even if we search everywhere it's impossible to find any news or stories on people experiencing it so we can't compare it to your case. I don't think there's any written testimony of it available anywhere. And also, what if you were reincarnated back to the day you were born, and you just remembered everything now?"

"Well, I guess it makes sense if we can't find any credible testimony anywhere. I don't think talking about who you are in your past life will sound sane anyway. Or perhaps people simply don't remember." I shrugged, impatiently flipping the pages from the book I was reading. "And no, I would think I'd remember if I have been living a second life all these years. If I have been going through it, I should have been living it and have tons of déjàvus before my memory jumps into remembering the future, don't I?"

Taehyung lifted his face, staring at me with the frown that had been on his face since we started. "As much as you have been giving me your classic wits and scepticism throughout this whole thing, what you just said now actually makes sense."

I scoffed. "It does? Wow. Yay me."

He only smiled at me, closing his laptop and putting it aside. "Well, I guess no matter how hard we try to find answers through these books and internet pages we'll never find anything."