Log.25: Secrets

—Present life. Coffee Town Cafe, year 2016—

A sound of a bell chimed over my head as I walked through the door, and I almost believed that my heart may have stopped for a split second.

After having to walk through the cold weather outside, my senses kept tingling for some reason. My skin and my hearings had become numb due to the freezing winter, and when that usually would have my mind wandering everywhere, I found myself getting more sensitive to sounds, to touches, and every other part of me had become a constant nerve-ending that I was always nervous and jumpy.

Thankfully, the comfortable warmth inside which immediately enveloped me allowed me to relax, and my senses awakened in a snap. I was suddenly enveloped by the humming noises of people chattering around me and the clattering of tablewares from every corner of the room. I took in a deep breath of air, breathing in the scent of coffee that I had been craving so much.

As I looked around the coffee place, I could soon find a pair of long slender arms waving up in the air to call me closer. The dishevelled brownish hair on his head popping out from one of the booths across the room. A light giggle instantly left my lips when my eyes landed on Taehyung, all wrapped in a dark coat and red knitted scarf covering his entire neck and a small part of his chin like a Christmas present wrapped in wools. His smile instantly formed a wide grin as he saw me coming over to join him.

"I haven't ordered anything for you yet," he told me then. "Didn't want the drink getting cold before you are here."

"Got it," I sighed as my bottom landed softly on the padded seat, before turning to look at the menu set above the counter. It took me a few minutes to order, and as I returned to the booth—my hot cappuccino in one hand and my coat hanging on my other arm—Taehyung was still all covered in his own coat. The only thing that was gone was his scarf, left discarded over his backpack next to him, while he placed both palms on the sides of his cup of hot coffee to gain more warmth.

"Are you okay?" I asked him as I pushed my things away and settled on the seat. "Cause—you know, this place is quite warm but you look like you're completely frozen solid for some reason."

He lifted his eyes at me. "I was doing fine earlier. I had to go around and do some errands before heading here, and out of nowhere some kids started throwing snowballs at me when I was passing through the park." He stopped, then he started grinning wide with mischief. "The next minute I was involved in a snowball fight against kids—" he chuckled, "I couldn't help it. But as I was winning, they pulled me down and buried me under the snow," he said, pouting.

"Serves you right!" I laughed at him, picturing the scene in my head which earned a glare coming from him instead.

"Hey, it's not funny," he barked, although his lips curled up to form a small smile at the end.