Log.3: Lost Memory

—St. Lucas Hospital, Special Treatment Room, year 2012—

I took a deep breath and lied back. My head started spinning again, having my energy drained from talking so much. I was also too excited about digging through my own buried memories and a chance to be able to tell him everything as much as I could that I nearly could not stop myself. And even after I talked so much, I was still far from done. But I figured I was not the only one needed rest, knowing that everything would still be hard for him to take in.

A deep sigh was released from Taehyung's lips after a few moments of silence. I glanced at him just as he was leaning back in his chair, his hands were brushing over his face and his head, ruffling his already messy hair while looking forward absentmindedly, and I knew he was having a hard time to understand all the things that I have just shared him.

"I know that it doesn't make any sense," I sighed, now suddenly feeling reluctant to continue after looking at his face, and decided to give him time before I do. "It's not making any sense for me either, but I—"

"You time-leaped." He cut me off suddenly, staring blankly at the wall across the room as if there were words written on them, explaining things to him with details and outlines, and he was reading through them to understand.

"Uh—well," I answered hesitantly. "I'm not sure that I actually 'leapt', but—I mean, is it really possible to move through time? I mean—"

"How? Why? What—what happened before—" He ranted, disregarding my words as he looked at me once again with a frown. His eyes gazed into mine briefly before he started shaking his head and leaning his body forward again, covering his face with his large palms. "Okay, hang on—I'm sorry. I'm just trying to understand, because—" he stopped to raise his head and looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Wow!"

"I know," I said, pursing my lips. "Just take your time. It's okay if you don't believe me, I just needed to let things out cause I can't figure these things out by myself, and I have to get them out of my head just to make them stop messing with my brain, and—"

"No!" He answered quickly, raising his hand to stop my rants. He reached out to me when he noticed how his immediate response had startled me. "No, no, no— That's the thing. I do believe you, I can't explain it but—"

"You believe me?" I asked him in disbelief, unable to truly be convinced by his words. "Are you sure? Why?"

"Well—" He looked into my eyes, staring with unspoken questions in his eyes. "We've known each other since we were babies, and we've done some many pranks at each other over the years that I somehow learned how to read your face to prepare myself if you do. And you are a terrible liar—no offense, so I'll know immediately when you're playing with me. And I know that right now, you are not. Sorry, I'm completely rambling now. I just—need some time to take everything in, okay?"