Log.17: Downfall

—First life. ______'s flat, year 2018—

"What?" Jungkook stood in front of me. His body was tensed, his chest rises and fell rapidly as he tried to calm his rage. "What did you say?"

"I'm pregnant, Jungkook," I replied. I was able to speak without the same shaky breaths I had earlier when I first started this conversation.

"A—Are you sure?" He stammered and I could see how he was clenching his hands on his sides.

I hesitantly nodded. I had predicted that the news would put him into a state of shock—as it did to me when I first found out myself—yet I was not ready to face this side of him. "I'm almost two months late, and—"

"But—but you missed your period once, so it could be a mistake, right?"

I shook my head. "This is different. I already had myself tested a couple of times to make sure."

He flopped down on the couch, rubbing his face with his palms while letting out a groan in disbelief. "This can't be happening. You can't be pregnant."

"Jungkook, I—"

"Is it mine?" He asked me, looking adamant as he said them out loud.

I gasped at his words, completely dumbfounded. "What? Of course, it is, what the hell are you implying?"

"I'm just saying, that maybe you made a mistake—"

"Oh yeah? What kind of mistake, Jungkook? Seriously, what are you trying to say to me?" I was fuming. How could he said such a thing when I was already stressing out over the fact that I was bearing a growing human being inside me.

He opened his lips to speak and stammered for a bit. His face was red with anger, bewildered at the whole situation. But what he said next was the one that hurt me most. "Are you sure that it's mine? Who knows—it might belong to that guy Taehyung you always spend time with behind my back."

"What? You—" I felt my face burning up with anger, my heart shattering apart with his accusation. "I can't fucking believe you. Taehyung is my friend, my best friend. And you are the only one I've been with. I have never—in my whole fucking life—would ever go behind your back like that. What the fuck do you take me for?"

"I—I'm sorry, ______. I—"

I was too angry to give him a chance to say anything. All I wanted was to slap his face from what he had dared to say to me. "You know what? Fuck you, Jungkook. If you really can't take this reality and if you don't want to admit this baby that much, then you should just go."

"______—"

"No, I get it. I understand that this is too much to handle and totally unexpected. I get that you are afraid, but so am I. And for you to look at me on that kind of light and accuse me of such a horrible thing isn't going to erase this baby, or change the fact that this baby exists. And acting this way or thinking of me doing something so low is certainly not going to fix everything or make it go away!"