Log. 39: Rue

—Present life, year 2017—

What the hell is going on?

The thought stayed with me all through the night ever since Jungkook turned his back on me and fled. I kept questioning things — about what happened, on why he kissed me, and how things suddenly turned into such a complete mess when all I wanted to do was to get to know him better by letting him accompany me the whole day. Yet no matter how hard I tried to find answers, nothing about it made any sense.

Why did he kiss me? I kept questioning myself. But more importantly, why did I kiss him back?

I felt a terrible urge to pull my hair, to slap my own face and snap me back to reality, but I did no such thing. What I did right after he was gone from my sight was to turn around and walk away from the dorm building. Then I started walking. And kept walking. At one point, I even ran as fast as I could and had let my own two legs lead the way. Until I finally arrived at this place.

I had no idea how I got here. Or why my legs had brought me here. I could not even remember what was going on in my head when I walked past the ground lobby and went up the elevator as if it was the most normal thing to do. My mind only cleared up once I reached the floor which I had intended to go to and was standing right in front of a locked door while still lost in a daze and in fright.

A lot of things went through my mind after that one kiss. But it was nothing compared to seeing how shocked and frightened Jungkook's eyes looked right after, or how guilty I felt once I realised what had happened.

The more confusing part of it all was that my whole body seemed to react on its own accord to bring me here once I got out of the shock. As if there was a pull which was so strong that I just gravitated towards this place, to run to him.

I was losing breath as I stood there, staring straight at the door, and my heartbeat was pacing like my chest was about to explode. My emotions kept running like a river, going all different directions that had me losing control of myself. My head was buzzing with white noises which made it hard for me to think clearly.

Perhaps that was why I was brought here, why fate had chosen to lead me to this place. As if the whole universe had taken that control from me before I could completely lose control of myself.

Taking a deep breath, I raised my hand and started knocking on the door. The sound I made against the hardwood came out so loud — or, at least, in my head it was — that it made the buzzing noises echoing in my head instantly faded into none. I heard nothing else after but silence, until shuffling noises started coming from behind the door, followed by a muffled sound of — "Coming!", then the door finally opened.

The moment I saw his face, the moment my gaze was met with his surprised one, everything started to fall apart. Reality came crushing into me and the guilt came to me just as strong. A sob came bubbling in my throat and the first thing I could say was,