Log. 44: Covetous

—First life

—First life. St. Vincent's Hospital, year 2027—

It happened so fast.

One minute, I was lost in Jimin's tender kiss. His warmth was the only thing I could feel and I was close to falling asleep in the comfort of his embrace. Then suddenly, he was yanked away from me. It was so rough and abrupt that I was pulled along with him. Even the air inside my chest was pulled away until everything around me started spinning.

It took me a few seconds to realise what was happening, before I finally recognised the voice yelling out with pure anger and noticed him.

"Who the fuck are you? What are you doing to my wife?"

I was frozen stiff, still in shock and in fear of what I was seeing. Jungkook's face held so much rage which I had never once seen before as he came face to face with Jimin, glaring with hatred and pain in his eyes. He had his hand clutched at the front of Jimin's shirt, pulling my best friend and lover's body up to his chest as he kept yelling to his face.

Once I recovered from my shock, I looked down on his other hand and found it clenching at his side, as if he was trying so hard to hold back from pounding at Jimin's face.

"Jungkook, don't!" I screamed at him. My heartbeat was racing, and I tried to push myself off of the bed to stop him from hurting Jimin. But there was nothing I could do when my body failed me. All I could do was move an inch before my body fell sideways, too weak to rush to his side and tear them apart. "Jungkook, please—you'll hurt him!"

Jungkook seemed surprised when he heard my voice. Either his rage had him nearly forgetting that I was there, or that he had never expected to have me defending someone else but him, he just fell silent. The rage in his eyes instantly turned into an icy glare to whatever he was seeing on my face when he looked at me.

Yet what caught us both by surprise was Jimin, when his eyes showed no fear even as he met Jungkook's gaze, nor was he trembling as Jungkook held him in arm's reach, with his fist ready to blow a punch to his face.

"So you're the ex-husband?" Jimin asked him, chuckling softly while his eyes held a weird, gloomy mood as he gave a look of perusal at Jungkook. "Didn't think you would be back so soon. Or so late."

There was a glint of shock and insecurities in Jungkook's eyes for a moment to what Jimin had said to him, and I could easily tell what his word implied. As if Jimin was having a blast at taunting my ex-husband, he only continued by saying, "Visiting hours are over. You shouldn't be here, you know. Don't want the security to catch you and kick you out of the hospital now, do we? Because unlike me, you are not allowed to be here and you are definitely not wanted."

Jungkook's hands tightened even further as the fire in his eyes rose to the surface and I instantly screamed, "Jungkook, please!"

But it was too late. Especially when the only thing Jungkook could hear was Jimin's voice when he taunted my ex-husband once again with, "Why don't you go run along and go back to where you came from so I can tuck her to sleep? That's what I've been doing anyway, tucking her to bed while you're out there fucking up your marriage."