Log. 45: Ruins

—First life. St. Vincent's Hospital, year 2027—

My head was spinning even long after Jungkook had left. His words kept echoing in my head, sounding like whispers of a curse of misfortune continuously being enchanted to me.

My hands were shaking on my lap, and it felt like there was no stopping them even as I clenched them tightly, not when my heart was pounding so rapidly inside my chest to each time his words resonated in my head. They made me feel cold and hollow. Hopeless. I could do nothing by stayed on my bed, feeling like I was slowly drowning in darkness, as if I was stuck in a bad dream and all I could see was his face, and all I could hear was his voice, telling me all the things I wished I would never hear,

"I never signed the papers. Do you know what that means?"

I closed my eyes, wishing for it to go away. Wishing for it to not be real. But it was. And he did tell me all of those things. And he said it without any emotion or remorse on his face and with a deep, vile tone on his voice. As if he was deliberately saying those things with the sole purpose of punishing me.

"It means you are still my wife. You are still legally mine."

It was as if he was mocking me when he grinned right after the revelation. After he had hit me with the truth that had somehow been held away from me.

"You're lying," I remembered asking him. "Why?"

Why? I kept asking and wondering over and over again because none of this made any sense. Why would he do such a thing after he had promised to let me move on? After he already made it clear that he was willing to let me go?

The look on his face which he gave me after was one I despised the most. It was the look that he would give me each time his stubbornness was winning, the look filled with determination and relentlessness which always told me that he was not going to back down so easily and that he had already made his own plans for him to go through.

"I already told you, I am not going to let you go that easily."

"______!"

I jumped in shock as Hoseok's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked up to find him looming over me, both of his hands were on my shoulders and it took me a while to realise that he had been shaking me when he called my name.

"What's wrong? Is there something wrong? Are you in pain?" Hoseok asked me. His eyes were wide as he searched through me, looking closely at my face before his gaze looked down on my body, as if trying to find something that was wrong with me. "I've been calling your name since I got back but you didn't react to me at all and you have been silent since he left. Is everything okay? God, you're shaking."