Log.35: Spiral

—First life, year 2018—

I took my mother's words to the heart as I finally returned to campus.

But before I started anything with Jungkook, the first thing I did on the day I arrived back at university was to look for my best friend. Which, unfortunately, turned out to be quite a hard task to do. It took me days, numerous texts and phone calls later to finally be able to get him to see me.

"Where the hell have you been?"

No matter how much I kept reminding myself to control my emotions, the frustration that had compiled after not being able to reach him peaked the day he appeared in front of me. If only he appeared at least interested in seeing me, perhaps I would be able to stay calm and talk to him like a decent being. But then there he was, sitting right in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes wandering around, looking elsewhere but at me as we sat at a diner close by.

"I've been busy," he said, shrugging.

"Busy?" I scoffed. "I remember you being busy. I know how you are when you are busy and I remember quite well how you would still at least answer my messages or calls. Hell, you never even contacted me to ask me if I was getting any better while I was at home."

"Because I knew you'd be okay as long as you're with your family," he answered with a sigh, yet sounding uncertain himself.

"You don't know that," I muttered, and his eyes found me then. "Even if I was with my family, it didn't mean that everything was doing good. I still needed you. You promised to be there and support me, and instead you just—disappeared."

Taehyung said nothing at first, yet he kept his eyes on me, studying the frown on my face and lightly shook his head. "You are not the only one who has a problem, alright?"

"Then tell me! Talk to me and tell me what is going on with your life. It feels like I am losing you."I pleaded to him, making him wince in his seat. "I thought we were best friends. We used to talk about everything and shared things with each other. I need you, Taehyung, and you have been there for me, so let me help you too."

"You can't—" He released a long sigh and brushed his face before looking at me. "I can't let you deal with my problems too."

I pouted. "That's not fair."

I watched his eyes narrowed. "You are the one not being fair. Stop pouting! You're making me feel guilty."

I could feel his resolve breaking apart that I had to bite the insides of my cheeks to hold myself from smiling. "Well, you should be. Do you have any idea what it was like to have no one to talk to? Someone who was not treating me like I was about to fall to pieces or sounding like they want to explode every time they're talking to me?"