Log. 40: The Devil

—Present life, year 2017—

All the missing pieces of the puzzles were slowly coming together. But tons of questions remained.

The puzzles still came to me the same way it had been. Through my dreams.

What used to be vague and blurry when they first came to me, they had started to become clearer for the past year that I began to finally able to tie them together, piece by random piece. Yet it did not mean that I was able to get all the answers or to see clearly the part of my life I had allegedly left behind. And most importantly, it certainly had not helped me to figure out what I was supposed to be doing now or what steps I should be taking next.

Sometimes a dream came in the form of memories. Sometimes they were voices, dark voices coming through echoes, talking to me and asking me things that made no sense to me at all — like the ones I kept having where I was lost in nothingness or the ones that came as I found myself standing in the middle of nowhere, either it was an empty street, dark alleys, even inside an empty, terribly rundown house. Other times, the dreams meant nothing at all.

I had yet to recognise who it was that had been talking to me in these dreams. But at one point, I had somehow come to realise that ever since I met Jungkook and the kiss between us happened, these voices came to me more often, and there would always be someone there, even if I could never see their faces, rather than just finding myself alone in an endless void.

Some dreams I would forget instantly the moment I woke up the next morning. While with others, I would remember bits and pieces of them, only enough for me to write them down into my notes in random scraps of unrelated scenes, the same way Taehyung had done it for me before. Yet even if I had been able to have them all written down, I had never truly gone back to those notes to try and decipher them myself.

Until today.

A few days had gone by after that afternoon. I had been staying in Jimin's one-bedroom loft ever since, having this urge to stay close to him which kept getting stronger since the first night I shared his bed. We have been spending more time together while Jungkook had been nowhere on sight. Not that it mattered, however, since I clearly had no idea how to face him after that day.

This was the first day I returned to the dorm.

I was getting some change of clothes when I grabbed the notes I made about these dreams and one of the many notes Taehyung made which I had kept with me all this time. As I sat down on my bed, rearranging the pages to figure out the timeline, the sequences, to finally had a clear picture of how my other life was supposed to be like, I still found nothing. Nothing that made perfect sense.

"Hey, you're back," Jisoo greeted me as she walked in, surprising me as I had failed to notice her walking into the room, being so immersed in what I was reading. "Didn't think you'd be back anytime soon. Or have you come by only to pack up your things?"