26. Im not ready (PT.2)

Louis

       Sitting on the bed, I responded to another one Nat's text messages

Natttt🥵: knock knock

Who's there

Deep down, I'm sure it's bound to be another one of her corny jokes but I entertained them every time.

Natttt🥵: Cow says

Cow says who?

Natttt🥵: noooo a cow says moo!

Smacking my lips, I left her on read, not entertaining that foolishness. Seconds layer she called and I answered, she was on the phone cracking up at her lame ass joke. "You can't even lie, that was a good one", I simply looked at the camera unamused as she could barely finish a sentence. "You are such a lame" she smacked her lips, rolling her eyes. "Anyways imma send you some the pics from my clients today".

"Okay" I said as she put me on pause to send me the pictures. The notifications came through of the different styles and I was quite impressed. "Are those the ball less braids" I said as she giggled. "You mean knotless" she corrected as I waved her off.

"Whatever the fuck their called" I said, looking at some more of the styles. "I sent some of my cousins, aunts, and friends your page. I showed them some of your work so they should be hitting you up sometime soon" I informed as her smile widened. I supported the hustle and she's actually good so I referred her to many people, even at school. She promoted herself but not as much as me. She's talented and people needed to see that.

"Aww thanks" she beamed. "I can't wait to you start up a business so I can do the same for you. You really are a true ass friend"

Our friendship is golden and the kiss didn't change anything between us. It might've caught her off guard but I was to. That night rose a lot of emotions that I've been feeling for quite a while. We flirted from time to time but nothing extreme, for the most part we're very civil. I feel like Natalie and I can build something special in the future but her last relationship just ended not to long ago. I know she's probably not ready to be in another fully committed relationship all ready, so I'm fine with just being friends.

"Can I ask you something" she said, the tone changing and mood shifting. "Sure" I said leaning back, kind've seeing where the conversation is going.

"That kiss the other night" she trailed off. "Wanna explain what sparked that" she tried to be serious but ended up breaking into a smile.

"Ummm.... you looked good as usual and I thought why not take a chance" I replied in all seriousness. There wasn't any deeper intentions besides a kiss. "I liked and obviously you did to, you didn't pull away" I said she blushed , nodding her head in agreement.