24. Winter Ball pt.1

What's poppin' ????????
💀
Julian

        The barber finished the line up, swinging the chair around to face the mirror

The barber finished the line up, swinging the chair around to face the mirror. I smiled looking at him through the reflection, taking out a ten dollar bill, I paid him. "Thanks man"

"You know it ain't nothing, have a good time tonight"

"Don't have to much fun now" an old man chimed in, winking. I laughed giving him a thumbs up before hopping in my father's car.

Sliding in the passengers seat, I heard the sound of Dababy's voice ring through my hears. My dad was the wannabe gangster that listened to trap music but worked at the most formal job there is. He loved screaming 'fuck the government' but at the end of the day he was still a lawyer.

"Cause I'm the type of baby that's gone fuck the babysitter" he rapped along, bobbing his head. I cringed hoping I didn't torture my kids like this in the future. Seeing my face, he reached over turning down the radio. "Yo daddy can still get turnt in this peace"

"You lost me after peace" he flicked me off, turning his head back towards the road. "Has momma dropped off Neenan yet"

Daddy shook his head, rolling his eyes. "Nope, she still trynna force him to have a conversation with her. That boy is nearly grown , just leave him the hell alone. She ain't gone rest until he actually start talking and get her feelings hurt" he ranted, knowing how his oldest son can get. Neenan is known for not having an ounce of filter whatsoever, especially when pissed off. The way he's feeling about mom at the moment I'm sure he's miserable riding around with her.

Today was the winter ball and the breeze outside was enough to set the mood. Christmas lights were hanging up and down almost every street. People were walking around in light jackets and some in exaggerating coats. Outside the popular store's windows were the newest sales, advertising the gifts for the grand holiday. Usually this year was the best time of the year but my family is split, so I really don't know how to feel.

"You ready to start looking crispy" dad questioned, smirking. "Is yo date that Natalie girl"

"No dad, you saw her name on my phone one time and swear we together." I looked out the window. "I'm going with Ronnie"

"Ronnie? Like lil Ron Ron" he cackled. "Who the hell names her child that"

"Why you not going with the other girl"

On the inside I rather go with Natalie but it would never work. We already had two separate dates, that whole ordeal would be messy. "Things are complicated already and I don't wanna add fuel to the fire"

I gave him the full rundown on the start of everything from beginning to present. The look on his face after was a simple caught off guard expression. "Damn son" he said. "The life of a junior can deadly out her in these streets"

"Imma say this though, don't be unhappy. If you wanna be with someone else, don't think about the audience."

Would It be that easy..?
-
Up in the room, I sat on FaceTime with Natalie, discussing plans for later on tonight. She sat had her phone propped up, while she continued on her makeup for the dance later on. "Brent was telling me about maybe going out to dinner after or a mini after party. Invite only"

"Awh shit that's gone be lit as fuck" I answered, doing a little dance in the camera.

"Hmmm. If we not going out to eat, I'm taking my ass home. The dance don't end til' eleven thirty anyways, that's to late for me hun."

I straight faced her, laying out my tuxedo on the bed. "This the same chick that be up at three o'clock in the morning watching Netflix"

"That's different than partying, I'm enjoying the comfort of my bed." She countered. "I'm a homebody"

"Anyways, look at my outfit" she turned around in the camera, showing off her dress. "I'm still mad that I didn't get the ponytail I wanted but this sew-in will work"

 "I'm still mad that I didn't get the ponytail I wanted but this sew-in will work"

"You look stunning as always" I complimented. "Why didn't you go with the ponytail"

"My head wasn't look right and I wasn't about to go out here looking like a alien" she said in a whiny tone. "Even though you not done getting dressed, you still look handsome"

"Thanks darling but you know we got another hour before the dance right"

She shrugged, adjusting the loose curls. "I know but Jhonny wanna take me out before then. Plus my mom gotta take pictures of me and Nathan , that process it's long in itself"

I nodded, seeing a message pop up from Ronnie on my phone. She had been bugging me all day about the dance but I've been barely responding. After we talked about color coordinating , I left the conversation alone and informed her on the time I'll be picking her up. "Have you talked to Ronnie"

Natalie furrowed her eyebrows , shaking her head. "Nope she currently has a attitude with Aubrey and I. I'm not stunting it though, she didn't even tell us what's wrong"

"She felt some type of way because you said hey to me and laughed at what I said at lunch the other day"

She rolled her eyes, looking in the camera and then continued to apply some more lipgloss. "I need a cover up or something with this because it's gonna be hella cold outside"

"And yo ass don't got no type of sleeves on" I added on. "Fuck around and get frost bite"

We stayed on the phone for another hour until our personal lives got in the way. After we got off the phone, I went downstairs to hangout my family for a little bit. Neenan and his date were already out the door, leaving the rest of us at the house. I went outside for dad to take my pictures and I got in the car.

Noah walked his mini feet to the car, tapping on the window. Rolling down the window, I stuck my head out, meeting his gaze. He raised his tiny hand in the air, pointing his index finger at me. "Don't get no one pregnant like I did"

       Our dad looked at us in confusion. "When did your small ass get someone pregnant"