23. Suspended?

Julian

       Walking into the school building, my hands are wrapped tightly around the straps of my book bag

Walking into the school building, my hands are wrapped tightly around the straps of my book bag. My attention was kept on my phone, feeling all the judgements stares. The video of the fight was still circling around, it's been almost two weeks at this point. Turning the knob to the number of my combination, after a few times of fumbling it finally opened. Taking out my binder and some snacks for later today, I mentally prepared myself. Practice is finna be real hectic and I didn't feel like being bothered today.

     Joseph came over, dapping me up. "What's poppin'" he greeted as we continued the journey down the hall.

   "Nothing much, how was your break" I hadn't heard from him since the last game. The crew didn't hang out last week, we just enjoyed time with our families.

      He rubbed his belly, satisfied. "We stayed at my grandma's house, I ate good the whole week, I didn't even need thanksgiving to have a good meal" we laughed as I hit the end of the hallway, making my stop. "Imma see you later, man"

   "Fashoo" I said, walking into gym, sitting down my stuff. I forgot to take out my changing clothes from my locker so I planned to just sit out. We didn't do anything in this class anyways. Taking a seat on the one of the top bleachers, I watched as the gym flooded with students. Laila came in the room, her eyes lit up, seeing me and didn't waste anytime coming over.

       We haven't really talked and the fact that she kept making an effort kinda surprised me. "Hey, Ju" she sat next to me, sitting her book bag on the bleacher next to us.

        I looked at her, noticing her new hairstyle. Her hair was in passion twists , they fit her face frame very well. She changed out in some black leggings and a crop tank top, showing off her beautiful figure. The body of her's is truly a work of art, definitely a sight to see. "Hey" I leaned back against another bleacher as she kept eye contact with me. Her hands trailed up my leg, landing on my thigh. "Wanna explain why you've been dodging me".

     Smacking my lips, I threw my head back. "You just couldn't wait" , I shook my head as she just stared at me, awaiting an answer.

    "Nope, you've been acting funny" she frowned, laying her head on my shoulder. "I missed talking to you".

      I sighed. "Ive been doing some hard thinking over break" I muttered. "With going through a break up and catching feelings for someone else, it's hard".

     Laila sat up, playing with the ends of her hair, with a worried expression on her face. "About that- I'm sorry about coming on to you that night, I don't know what came over me" , you could tell she was being sincere but she's not the blame for this. I equally played a part in kissing and sticking my dick inside her. There was no effort into turning anything down, I wanted it just as bad.

     "Don't apologize, I don't regret it. I just wish it could've been under better circumstances" I spoke in full honesty.

      "Do you have feelings for me" she asked and I didn't hesitate to nod, it's no point of denying them. It's no reason to keep avoiding them now, I'm single.  "Oh wow. I've had a mini crush on you for a minute now but you were dating Nat-"

     "Run me my fade, bitch" Aubrey said loud and clear as she came up to us. She was in the process tying her scarf around her braids, passing her earrings to someone random. Rolling up the sleeves of her jacket, she cracked her knuckles. "Both of y'all need y'all asses whooped but imma go with you first".

    Jaylen started running up the stairs, grabbing Aubrey's arms to hold her back. She quickly pushed her off, watching as Laila stood up, putting her twist in a ponytail. "What's your beef with me? This situation ain't got nothing to do with you" Laila said which was a true statement, then again that would only piss Aubrey off more. She hates seeing her friends being done wrong in any kind of way and since Natalie wasn't here to do it herself, she felt the need to.

      Instead of responding, Aubrey reached out, grabbing Laila and swinging her down the steps. Her body rolled onto the gym floor, she covered her head so she wouldn't feel the complete force. I stood up, being on stand by, hoping that Laila would get up to defend herself.  She soon pushed herself off the floor, lunging for Aubrey. She pushed Aubrey into the wall, getting a couple of hits in but it didn't last for long.

     Aubrey pushed her in the rolling chair, getting in her lap, throwing punches. The two tussled back and forth, the flashlights in their faces, recording the scene. The coach came out his office seeing the recklessness and quickly ran over to break it up. "This for all the shady shit you've been doing and I never liked your crack headed ass anyway" she voiced venom coming from each word. Jeremy came running in, helping the coach get her off of Laila. The security weren't to far behind him, putting her hands behind her back. Her eyes met mine, and she mugged me. "I wanna best your ass to but Nathan did that already. I hope common sense come into that small pea brain of yours." She said as she was being dragged out the gymnasium. "You missed out on a real one, bitch ass nigga" she spat as everyone sat silent listening in.

      "That bitch is crazy" Laila whispered, standing up as the other security guard helped her towards the office to cool down. "Got me all the way fucked up.", it's obvious that's she's pissed. She has a few scratches on her face and there's a slight limp from her falling off the stairs.

       "Instead of recording and watching, y'all should've been breaking that up" the coach lectured , rolling his eyes. "This generation is so fucked up".

       The bell rung, signaling that this period is officially over. On the way to the next class, I stopped walking hearing my name being called. "Mr. Crawford I need to talk to you" the principle said, hesitantly I came inside the room. "Close the door please".

      Sitting in the chair in front of his desk, we sat in silence. The principle typed up a few emails, leaving me to just look around the room. I was confused because it's the first day back, I haven't done anything. He probably called me in here as a witness of what happened during the fight. Turning his attention towards me, he passed me some paperwork and work already printed.

     "What is this for" I shrieked our seeing they I would be suspended for ten days. "I haven't even done anything, you must have the wrong student".

     He shook his head. "No, your definitely the one I'm looking for. Someone came and told me that you were the brains behind spray painting that inappropriate language on another school's property." , my heart dropped to my ass, I really didn't have a response. The only people I could think of was either Natalie or Nathan, those are the only two who were hot about it. "You can't do this, playoffs are coming this week" I was willing to do whatever, we have came to far to stop now.

     He chuckled, shrugging his shoulders. "Y'all aren't playing, football season is over for y'all. The rest of the games are forfeited" he dropped the bomb, my hand slammed on the desk in anger. "Are you fucking serious" I cursed not caring about his presence right now. "This is some bs, is it really that serious".

     "Worse could've happened besides suspension, they could've taken legal action. You and the other students who participated in that are all getting consequences. This is highly unacceptable and after suspension, you will be going to tutorial everyday, bringing up your grades because you need it. ", the principle went on the say, crushing me more and more by the second. "Go clean out your locker, your father is on the way" he shooed me off.

-
This is the moment you've all been waiting for...

Laila finally got her ass beat are y'all happy now? Lmao💀