20. Let It Go (Pt.2)

Natalie

        Heartbroken is a understatement, I felt way worse

        Heartbroken is a understatement, I felt way worse. Apart of me is still in shock, Julian just never gave me that vibe. Then again, he's been acting brand new all year. I've cried nonstop since I left Julian's house. At this point I'm numb to the feelings, no more tears left to cry. Is it dumb of me to believe there would be a future for us? I saw us being high school sweethearts? It took so much not to cause a bigger scene but I respected his household.

       Our pictures are still up on my instagram. Taking them down would only raise questions, something I'm not ready to face yet. Out of all the people, why Laila? Was I not being a good girlfriend? I always checked up on him, gave him love and affection, even sent him gifts. This weekend is the last time sulking over him though, homecoming is soon and I needed to have my head in the game. I'm gonna have to see him when we play against him, I had plans on not looking like a weak bitch. He missed out on a beautiful individual all around.

      My mind just wouldn't stop thinking about that night, it kept replaying. No matter if I'm trying to distract myself , it always happens. That night finally put all the lies on the table, and it disgusts me to this day. Huffing, I picked up my phone for the first time, seeing the time read three-fifteen. Finally, getting out the re, I stretched, opening up my curtains to let in some sunlight.

I went in the bathroom, doing my daily hygiene. Twenty minutes later, a face masks was attached to my face. Doing some self pampering will put me a better spirit. Going back in the room, I left the door cracked instead of closed. Picking up my phone, I went to my photos, finding myself getting lost in a trance of look through all of them. Julian and I have so many pictures and videos together, from before we got together, our first dates, prom, and me making random videos. "Let it go" , I deleted over almost a hundred of pictures and videos. They were still saved in google photos but they weren't on my main camera roll, which made me believe I'm making some type of progress.

"Natalie, can you please tell me what's going on" Nathan stood behind the door, peeking his head in. Coming in, he sat on the bed, examining my features. "I've given you your space now tell me what's up".

I cleared my throat, debating if telling him was the right decision. I told my twin brother everything, we're very close. Telling him would probably make me feel a lot better. "Julian and I broke up" I stated as he eyes widened in shock. I couldn't believe it either and I'm the one currently going through it. His face turned from shocked to serious. "What happened, did he do something to you"

I shrugged, taking a breath. I told him everything from Julian asking me the plays, to him spray painting the school, and even him sleeping with Laila. Furious wasn't even the word for how much Nathan wanted to kill Julian. He didn't play when it came to me, especially over some boy. It didn't help that Nathan felt betrayed that Julian would do all that behind his back. "That son of a bitch, I thought we were bros".