11. Connecting too Well

Natalie

       The window was rolled down letting the small air sweep through the windows

The window was rolled down letting the small air sweep through the windows. Leaves the semi mixture of orange and red were all over the yard and the trees seemed so lively. Fall was officially in session , one of my favorite seasons besides winter.

Bad Bihhhhhsss😝

BestieRon❤️: Y'all so what should my first move be? Do you know what he's into

Aubrey🤤: you act like we have a friendship with this man

NatBat💕: y'all hell. Let him breath he just got out a relationship

Hearing a knock on the window on the passenger side. Unlocking the door, he swiftly changed positions. Examining Julian's appearance for the day, his curls had more volume then usual. He wore a white Nike shirt and a dark colored pair of jeans. The outfit was simple but it made him look somewhat cute. "Hey champ" I greeted noticing the glistening diamonds in his ear. "I didn't know you had ear piercings"

Julian tap the lower part of his ear. "I don't wear em' much because of football season" while driving I could feel his eyes ranking over me from top to bottom. Adjusting in my seat, I crossed my legs in uncomfortable manner.

"So where you wanna go, nowhere expensive please" I begged, money wasn't flowing that well for me. I'm in the process of trying to find a job but with practice in the way, it was pointless. There are jobs that give your weekend hours but I don't wanna spend my only two days from school working for other people.

He smirked, shrugging his shoulders. "We can go to Chic-fil-a , I don't wanna break your pockets, lil baby"

Nodding I went in the direction, hearing my phone vibrate constantly. The notifications were probably blowing up from the group chat, I'm just glad my phone was turned face down.

Minutes later, we were sitting in a booth waiting for someone to bring our chicken sandwich meals. My mood was dampened from earlier's foolishness and I felt that he could somewhat tell. His eyes explained it all from him analyzing my movements and silence. "What's wrong" Julian asked as the waitress came over holding a tray full of food.

She placed it down, her curls bouncing from sudden moves. "Enjoy your meal, is everything okay" she checked, asking in a professional voice. I could automatically tell outside this job she was a wild teen and she seemed oddly familiar.

"We're fine" I answered, giving her a polite smile. The attention then turned back to me as he awaited my answer. "Household issues, were not exactly a happy family" I voiced keeping the situation short and simple. I've never been the type to air out my family business no matter how bad I've wanted to vent.

Sighing , he opened his sandwich. "Your having family issues, mine is fucked up"

It somewhat shocked me that he had family issues, he seemed like the type that had it all figured out. In school there was this facade about him that clouded out his true personality.

I scoffed. "I think I'll win the award the most fucked up"

He leaned back in his seat, throwing his head back. "Hmmm. I'll be the judge of that" he ended the argument. "Tell me something about yourself"

I bit a piece of the waffle shaped fry. "What you wanna know" I questioned, meeting his intense gaze. I watched him chew a bite of his sandwich, groaning his pleasure. He licked his lips in delight, using a napkin to wipe off the excess sauce around his mouth.

He shrugged. "Anything your willing to tell me. I'm sure there's more to you than being a majorette"

"Ummm I have a secret love for Nick Jonas. Sometimes I listen to K-pop" I confessed earning a confused expression from him. He tapped the bottom of his chin in deep thought.

Julian chuckled. "That's the singing dude from Disney or sum." He questioned and I nodded in response. "The fuck is K-pop though, that don't ring a bell"

Taking out my phone, I muted the group chat and switched to the YouTube app. Typing in the group Black Pink, I listen to them every now in then, they kind of have good music. After a few seconds of listening to them, his whole facial expression change, a frown appeared on his face. "You can't understand shit they saying. What type of shit"

I laughed, expecting this reaction out of him anyways. Another reason why this was a secret in the first place, besides the friends in my circle and my brother.

"They got a boy version of them" he asked in a curious tone. The way his forehead crinkled made me laughed, I couldn't believe how interested he was. "They do, I'll have to send you the link, their lit"

Placing my phone back in my pocket, my focused remained on him the rest of our time in. We were done with our meals and just enjoying each other time.

"Your not as bad as I thought you were" I admitted rubbing my arms, the air conditioning in here was high, the goosebumps were forming quickly. Julian took off his jean jacket , passing it to me, smiling. "Thank you"

"No problem" he responded licking his lips. "I told you , you were gonna start messing with the kid heavy"

"Hmmm. I didn't say all that now"

Throwing our trash away, we headed back to the car. Unlocking it, we both hopped in and we went back to his house. Fifteen minutes later, we were sitting in his driveway, still exchanging words. The vibe was chill and it seemed like conversation could flow for hours if we let it.

"Okay homeboy. Get out my car, I wanna get back in my bed" I voiced earning a cackle from him. "You gotta a tattoo between your fingers"

On the inside of his middle finger and index finger, there was a small broken heart in the middle. Hesitantly, reaching down to touch his hand, I grabbed it, lifting it to a certain angle to get a better look. The ink seemed fresh so it had to be fairly new, I rubbed over it slowly.

"You good" he asked leaning down to see my face.

"I'm fine, it's just a interesting place to get a tattoo. It's small, I'm surprised I noticed it." I mentioned. "When you'd get it"

"Last week, it was a random thought, based off my feelings at the moment"

Julian leaned in, reaching for a hug. I leaned into his embrace , his natural scent filling my nose. The air had suddenly became warmer than usual, the feeling of his skin is extra soft against mine. We broke away and he kissed me on the forehead. Stepping out the car, he waved. "Thank you for a food, text me when you get home"

Instead of replying, I gave him a closed mouth smile in response. Driving down the road, that smile slowly turned into a frown, remembering Ronnie's feelings for him. It's a innocent kiss on the head, that's not crossing the line really. We just had a friendly outing, but we connected a little too well. That's not something , I can help, I have to keep my distance, strictly friendship.

•••
Thoughts on Ronnie?

Is Natalie in the wrong?