21. Breaking Point

Natalie

       I sat awkwardly at the feeling the awkward tension once again

I sat awkwardly at the feeling the awkward tension once again. The three of us were out on a mini dinner date after practice. Aubrey suggested that we should all spend some quality time together.

Ronnie sat across from me, her arms crossed and her mouth twisted to the side. "Y'all the funniest thing happened the other day" she started off, looking back and forth between Aubrey and I. The look on her face didn't seem amused more like irritated so I knew she was being sarcastic. "I went on your page and I like that picture you recent posted. Julian liked it and commented"

     Tapping my foot aggressively on the tiled floor, my facial expression didn't change. "Where you trynna get at"

    Aubrey pushed her hair off her shoulder, sighing loudly. I know she hated being in the middle of our tension but it's all Ronnie's fault. This isn't anything new, she's been doing this forever now. "Can we not do this, we are suppose to be getting along. We haven't all been around each other since the trip, it's been three weeks at this point"

     "Ronnie you do realize, your letting a boy come in between y'all. You coming at her like she the one that chose him, baby it was the other way around"

     Ronnie clapped her hands, laughing. "I don't feel no type of way because at the end of the day I know what's up"

      I chuckled, shaking my head. The whole thing seemed childish and even stopped being friends with him because of this, I felt guilty. Not gone lie, after awhile I got use to hanging out with him after school. Sometimes I would even find myself looking at the pictures we took together when we hung out.

        Taking out my phone, I scrolled down my contacts, seeing him all the way at the bottom. Going on our thread, I mentally broke down trynna figure out what to say. What if he doesn't wanna talk to me? I snapped at him for the smallest thing ever? I made some valid points and I hoped he understood where I was coming from.

   I gotta friend zone him?

  Can I even go through with that?

NatBat💕:  You free anytime soon?

     I tuned back into the conversation the two were having, still somewhat uninterested. "He's been real distant after the date, I feel like it went pretty well"

      Aubrey gave her a 'yeah right' type of face. "Hmmm. What's his favorite color"

      Royal Blue

         "I think it's green" she stuttered over her words in confusion.

   "It's Royal Blue" I blurted out, quickly covering my mouth right after. Her head shot in my direction, giving me a side-eye. "How you know"