20. Thanksgiving Brawl

Natalie

1 Month Later

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

1 Month Later

           I sat up in the unfamiliar setting, rubbing my face, I sighed smelling the aroma of food. Feeling a body next to me, I watched Nathan slob on the white pillow and I scrunched up my face in disgust. Shaking him, he shuffled around, mumbling endless curse that popped into his mini pea brain. He soon opened his eyes, mushing my head into the pillow behind me.

       "Fucker, you bumped my head on the headboard" I grunted, rubbing the sore part in the middle.

     Nathan got out the bed, stretching his arms.  "Maybe you can finally reverse that spell that makes you so stupid"

      I threw a random stuffed animal at him, watching him flinch. "Hardy har har"

     Going in the bathroom, I brushed my teeth, and cleaned my face, doing the usual morning routine. Taking off my bonnet, my freshly flat ironed hair was a little puffy from my shower last night but the flexing rods were still performing the bomb curls. I left out there, making sure to take all my belongings with me in the process.

My father's girlfriend has three kids and all of them rubbed me the wrong way from junk. Although, their younger than me I wasn't being anything past them, they gave off the don't trust me vibe. I didn't need my hard earned money going to waste for those little rug rats.

Okay maybe I'm being a little dramatic but I still have my guard up.

I neatly placed my things back into my overnight bag, zipping it up. Taking the flexing rods out, I watched the curls bounce on my shoulders one by one.

"Good afternoon, y'all finally decided to get up huh?" Dad greeted, standing in the doorway. "Why y'all acting antisocial"

Seconds later, Quota came upstairs, peeping her head into the door to. She smiled, kissing my dad happily on the cheek. She then faced me with a neutral expression. "Y'all go down there and play with your siblings" she said sternly, attempting to put her foot down.

"I'll be down there, when I'm done getting ready" I said in a soft tone, giving a fake smile. Dad had walked away but she still stood in the doorway, slowly making her way towards me. Twirling a piece of my hair around her finger, I lightly pushed her away, irritated. "Don't touch me"

"Your gonna learn to respect me because I'm not going anywhere, babygirl. A lot of things are gonna start changing around here and your gonna like it. Understand me"

Don't reply. Ignore , Ignore , Ignore.

This bitch got the game fucked up.

Who is she talking to? Maybe you I'm guessing???

Hours had passed and we were all at the table in silence. Technically it was only Nathan and I who were holding our tongues. Without us in the room you would think that this was dad actually family. He had more a relationship than he ever had with us and it shows.

It hurt but like usual we covered it up acting like everything was dandy. Out the corner of my eye, Nathan didn't seem to pleased by the sight either. I would rather spend thanksgiving with my mom and Luke at least they paid us some mind.

Looking at the plate in front of me, I cringed at the burnt macaroni , picking at it with my fork. The only thing that tasted good was the cranberry sauce and that came out the can, so that's speaks volume. Pushing the plate back, I wasn't even pretend to eat anything else on that plate.

"This shit is nasty" Nathan said and the vibe at the table instantly shifted. The little girl that sat on the end, furrowed her eye brows in shock. Her two pig tails shook as she dramatically bounced in her seat, pointing towards her mother. "Did you just call my mother's food nasty"

He nodded, confirming her question. "Actually I said this shit is nasty" he chuckled , leaning back in the chair. "I wouldn't dare claim this as food"

Seeing the look on Quota's face, dad stood up, giving us the normal death stare. He slammed his fork on the table, untying the napkin from his neck. "I've had enough, you've been blatantly disrespectful from jump. I will not allow you to treat her like this , you two can get the hell out my crib , yo"

"FUCK YOU" I screamed , throwing my plate across the room. "YOU AINT NEVER BEEN SHIT AND NEVRR BE SHIT YOU BITCH ASS- oooh" I caught myself feeling the tears at the bream of my eyes. This was the breaking point that I finally needed , something I've been meaning to get off my chest for awhile. "You've been out a jail for a year and you don't try to rekindled the relationship that you broke. I find it hilarious how you can take some bitch and kids in with open arms but it's forget your biological kids right?"

"You never wanted Nathan and I from jump huh? We were mistakes that your couldn't get ri-" I held up my hands, stopping myself from continuing. Everyone at the table eyes were soft, feeling sympathy but that's not I wanted. "Remembering when you get old and on your death bed, it's gone be to late"

Walking away from the table, I could Nathan going off in the distance. Sitting in the room, I rocked myself back and forth, scrolling through my contacts, I didn't wanna bother anyone with my emotional trauma.

Clicking on my mother's contact, she picked up on the second ring, answering in a cheery voice. "Hello, Nat are you okay, what's wrong babygirl" my mother questioned in concern.

"Can you pick Nathan and I up or send us a Uber please" I pleaded almost breaking down once again.

    "Calm down, imma send a Uber because I'm nowhere near his house right now. While your end it I'll track it to make your y'all make it home safely"

        We than had got off the phone, I packed up our stuff. Nathan helped me carry the bags downstairs and the rest just stared at us like lost puppies. Our father looked like he wanted to say something but nothing would form into words. There was nothing to say, it's clear he's already his choice.

Best Friend's Loverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें