28. No Need To Thank Me (Pt.2)

Natalie

          Straightening  one last strand of hair, I took a step back seeing if I needed to make some more adjustments

Straightening one last strand of hair, I took a step back seeing if I needed to make some more adjustments. Standing proudly at my work, I turned Aubrey around in the chair, letting her face the mirror. She smiled, doing a little dance in the chair. "You finna be the baddest walking" I said with no hesitation, my best friend is truly a work of art.

        "Is it bad that I'm nervous" Aubrey said, her hands visibly shaking

"Is it bad that I'm nervous" Aubrey said, her hands visibly shaking. "I'm worried about prom queen and all, I want this night to be perfect".

Sitting next to her, I laid my head on her shoulder. "I'm positive that you're gonna win. You are smart, funny, and a all around beautiful spirit.", Aubrey is very popular girl but she never let that get to her head. She treated everyone with kindness, no matter their status. She's one of the sweetest people you could ever cross paths with but once you piss her off, it's hard to come back from it.

"Thanks, bestie" she smiled, looking down at me. "I wish you were coming" she pouted, giving me the side-eye. The idea of me going to their prom went out the window once Julian and I broke up. It made my stomach hurt at the thought of him going with someone else besides me, so I simply opted out the whole idea.

It didn't make things better that it's been going viral that Julian's taking Laila to prom.

"I have no plans on having a broken heart at prom"

Besides, not going to their prom has saved me a lot of money. Prom dresses are extra expensive and I wasn't trynna spend that much on one night for two proms. My special night is coming in two more weeks and I'm literally ready to explode. "I understand, I can't wait to wear this dress".

"Bitch yessss, that orange is bomb on you ,you gon' stand at out for sure".

"I hope so because I know red and black is gone be played out".

"Right" I rolled my eyes at the thought. Those were the common colors for prom, most of the girls went between those to main colors. It's only a few that actually try the other colors of the rainbow. It looks good and original when the design and detail are different. "What you doing after" I questioned as her mouth turned into a wide smile, making me look at her skeptical. "Ion like that look".