35. The lake

Julian

         The three of us were at home by ourselves, the game kept us occupied

The three of us were at home by ourselves, the game kept us occupied. Genie x NBA Youngboy rapped loudly through the speakers. Our dad had work earlier this morning and wouldn't be returning til later on. Many kids would take this opportunity to do something stupid but I'm not that type. I've been in trouble enough this year and my birthday is coming up soon, can't risk that.

Neenan threw the remote control on the other side of the sofa. "Y'all niggas always cheating, bruh"

Noah and I glanced at each other, holding back a laugh. "Ain't my fault that you suck" , my little brother responded, shrugging his shoulder. "It's crazy because your a basketball player in real life, like how can you be that bad"
We all shared a laugh, heading to the kitchen. Taking out three bowls for us, I held up the cereal boxes so Noah could pick his choice. He pointed at the Cinnamon Toast Crunch and we nodded in agreement. Handing him the box, he poured his in the bowl first, reaching in the fridge to pour some milk. After Neenan and followed suit, joining him at the dining table. "Any more school stories" I asked the comedian at the table. Noah would have you rolling with the unbelievable things that run through his imagination.

"Your wife still pregnant" Neenan asked and he quickly shook his head. "That girl got an abortion"

         I struggled not to choke on the spoonful of cereal in my mouth. Placing the spoon back into the bowl, I turned toward him, giving him my full attention. "Y'all kids know wayyyy to much for y'all age"

       "It's the new girl, I'm trynna make her come my way" he dragged out, rubbing his hands together. From his actions now, it's set in tone he's gonna be the major player out of all of us. Everyday that little boy came home, taking a different story about a different girl, being tied down just wasn't the plan for him right now. "I wouldn't mind her having my babies"

          Shaking my head, I held up the bowl, drinking the rest of the leftover milk. Putting it in the sink, I sat back in the living room looking at different ideas for my birthday that's coming up soon. My mind been so all over the place, it's been the last thing on my mind. The past few years of celebrating have been bland, I would either spend it at the mall or go out with some of my friends. Sometimes I'll even just spend time with my brothers and father, nothing to over the top. I'm just happy to be able to live another year in the cruel world. 

      "Any birthday suggestions" I questioned desperate at this point. "I have nothing"

      "Find an arcade or something, spend time with your football buddies or girlfriend" he threw some random thoughts out. "Just get out the damn house"

"What you want for your birthday anyways" Neenan asked, looking at me in curiosity.

       "Some money" I simply replied. Noah quickly perked up in excitement. "I got a dollar to my name, purchase two bags of fifty sense chips"  he put the dollar in my hand, I shook it around laughing at his seriousness. "Thanks little man"