33. Final Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

Nathan names was called after and I waited at the end of the stage for him so mom could take our pictures together. "THATS MY FUCKING SON. BOTH OF MY BABIES ARE THE SMARTEST COOKIES WALKING", mom is one of those embarrassing ones you couldn't take to events like this, for this exact reason, Nathan and I put our heads down in embarrassment going back to our seats. Once the last name was called, everyone stood up in there seats cheering for joy, even me. We all looked at the principle as she stood there with a grin on her face. "3" she paused , "2", she took a longer pause, making us all anxious. My hand was at the tip of my cap, ready to toss it in the air. "1", she roared through the speakers as the school colors were tossed in the sky.

Running over to the family, each and everyone gave me a hug. "I'm proud of you both" momma said to me and Nathan. Those words made me break down. I tried to cover up the tears but they were evident. "Don't cry sweet heart, you truly are amazing and I'm sorry for making the both of you feel like you aren't. If I could take back those dark times, I would but I'm trying to make it up to you".

Nathan wipes a tear and that made me shed some more. He never showed much emotion, he played a the macho man for me. He was always the shoulder to cry on and never let anyone be for him. "You've done a damn good job, ma. I wasn't the best of a son either, I'm sorry for disrespecting and calling you out your name" he sniffles as I rushed to hug him.

"I'm sorry to, I've said some things I deeply regret. I'm happy that we're on to new beginnings" we all had a hug.

"Can I join" Luke asked sheepishly as we pulled him in. "I know at first I wasn't a fan of you" Nathan started off. "Im sorry for saying all those harsh things about ya. Thank you for stepping up and playing the father figure, I never had"

"Thank you" I added in, agreeing with everything my brother said.

Luke smile. "No problem, if I had a chance to do it all again, I would"

-

Julian

        Walking across the stage felt like a accomplishment

Walking across the stage felt like a accomplishment. Getting my diploma meant a lot considering the bullshit that I put myself though this year. It wasn't the end but it's a start of something fresh. This school has brought me many ups and down but I wouldn't change it for the world. Dad stood in front of me, bending down to get some food angles of me for his pictures. Neenan dapped me up, with a proud expression on his face. "I'm proud of you man" he nudged my shoulder, patting my back. Pulling Noah to us, we put him in the middle, giving dad a chance to snap another picture.

"I'm truly proud of you, I can't even find the words", my dad said at a lost for words. "Not gone lie, I was a little scared at first but I always believed you could do it".

"Your a bright young man and I have a idea you gone do something amazing soon".

"Thanks dad" I said as momma came up, behind us. She held Rosa in her arms as Robert stood not to far behind with the car seat in his arms. "Hey Ju, I'm happy for you, here's a gift for you" she handed me a small gift bag and gave me a hug. "You not gone open it right now".