Chapter 65

We then went to find Charles and Darcy. I know I have told her the truth. It was needed. Now I must deal with my worries about him going to the front.

It has been a while since Darcy and Charles left for the front. Darcy's sister has been with us since. We already cleared out Darcy's home of the staff. Darcy and I both agreed that is safe for everyone. Darcy has been writing me when he can. So, I have heard from him. I know he is alive.

I was coming back from a walk. I needed to get away from my mother because she is driving me insane. She thinks Darcy going back to the front meaning the wedding is canceled and she is never going to marry her daughters off. When I have returned, I saw Jane out front worried. I ran over to her and asked,

"What is it Jane? Why so worry over your face?"

"It's Lydia. She ran off with Wickham to get married. Father wants to go after them but don't know where there are. She left this letter." Jane told me.

I took the letter and looked it over. I saw the letter head and I know where he took her. I then looked up to Jane and said,

"I know where there are. Tell father I will go. He has to stay here."

"You will not go after them alone. I will join you no matter where it leads us. We fight together." Jane told me.

"Fine. Go fast and get ready for battle." I told her.

When we finally go done getting ready and everything we headed out. Our father wasn't happy, but he knows he couldn't stop us. We were going. But before we could I saw a carriage coming up. I know that carriage. It was Lady Catherine de Bourgh.

She got out of the carriage and came up to us. But I didn't give her time to speak. I said,

"Lady Catherine de Bourgh, it is always lovely to see you. But I have no time for a visit. I must go save my youngest sister Lydia from an evil. If anyone would understand it would be you."

"My dear I am not here to argue or stop. My niece set a letter to me and asked for help and safety for her and her future family. Seeing that Georgiana will not leave without any of you. My dear nephew will not change his mind. I have decided instead of losing part of my family forever then I shall be here to help." She told me.

"Thank you." I said.

"No thanks. Go save your youngest sister. The rest of your family will join Georgiana at Rosing Park. The safest place ever." She told me.

I gave her a nod in agreement and then headed out with Jane. I already explain to Jane and our father where Wickham has token Lydia. That we were going to the front.

We got close to the bridge that connect us to the front. There was a guard was there. He stopped us and said,

"I can't let you pass. The bridge is going to blown up by sunrise."

"We will have to take that chance." I said.

We then rode off. When we got across, we started to fight zombies. Jane and I got separated helping the soldiers. When I was checking on area. I ran into Darcy. You don't know how happy to see him.

We went back to the camp to regroup with Jane and Charles. Jane and I told them why were out here. I saw Darcy's face change. He knows where there are too.

"I will help you get Lydia back. Just let me tell a few soldiers their duties and then we will head out." Darcy said.

I let him walk away without another word. But something felt off. Time has been going by. I have been getting unpracticed now. I went over to Charles who kept looking at his watch.