Chapter 56

When out in the hallway I went over to Elizabeth. We all headed to Bingley's study. I thought that would be more privet then anywhere in the house. We need to do something for the safety of Elizabeth.

"You wanted to talk?" Mr. Bennet asked me.

"Yes. I feel Elizabeth is in danger. She got this note. No one knows who it is from." I said showing Charles and Mr. Bennet.

They both looked over the note I handed to them. Mr. Bennet took a seat. He was still looking at the note. He then asked,

"Who sent this?"

"We don't know. But I feel that this isn't the end. So, I feel we need to do something." I said.

"Yes." He said.

*Elizabeth's POV*

I just sat there in silence. I was going to let them talk this all over. I know all they want is my safety. If whoever this is can get into Netherfield. Where else can they get into? Charles, Darcy, and my father has been talking about how to protect me.

"Elizabeth, how do you feel about this?" Bingley asked me.

"I don't like it. It does make me worry that we don't know who it is. Also, that they can get in here of all places without anyone seeing. I trust that you guys can protect me. Also, I can protect myself." I answered him.

"I don't doubt that. But if you please just to ease mine and your father's mind that you don't go anywhere alone outside." Darcy asked me.

"I will that for you and my father. I won't go nowhere alone outside." I told him. "I am going to let you guys talk everything over while I go and be with everyone else."

"Okay. We will be right there." My father said.

I then went to the parlor everyone was still waiting for Darcy, Charles, and my father to come back. But they were still playing card games and everything. I just went over to where Jane was sitting. I didn't say anything. She wasn't going to push anything until I am ready to talk. I will talk to her and Georgianna later.

We stayed like this for a while. Then Darcy, Charles, and my father came back to the room. Darcy came right over to me sat down. I was sitting on the couch in the room. I looked at him to see if I can figure out what happened. He then said quietly,

"Later."

I gave him a nod in understanding. I went right back to my book I was reading. He stayed right there beside me. I was alright with it. It felt nice having him close. I felt safe. Knowing I had him there for me to help and protect me.