Chapter 9

I looked over to Darcy. He gave me a smile. He told me before we came here to be myself. That is what I am going to be.

"It will be hard. But I know I am doing the right thing." I told her.

"Oh really?" She asked me.

"Yeah. You should know. You did. It wasn't easy." I said.

She could say a word. I know she probably didn't like that. Or me. But why? Why does she not like me?

*Darcy's POV*

I couldn't help but smile about Elizabeth's comment. Everyone else was shocked. But I know my aunt doesn't like her. Not because of her comment. Because of something with my family. I am going to have to talk to her late about that.

It was later that day. Everyone was doing their own thing. I think this would be the best time to talk to my aunt.

"Lady Catherine." I said entering her parlor.

"Yes Darcy?" She asked me.

"We need to talk." I said to her.

"Yes, we do." She said to me annoyed.

"You are not being fair. You need to give Elizabeth a chance." I told her.

"No. She is not the one you are post to marry. I promised your mother that you would marry my daughter and bring our two families together." She told me.

"There was no proof of that. My mother would never wish that on her death bed. She always wanted me to marry for love and happiness." I told her.

"And this woman is going to give you that? She asked me surprised by that.

"Yes. She already is. I could be never happier in my life." I told her.

"No. I don't believe you." She said.

"Okay listen here. I am marrying Elizabeth and that is final." I said walking away before she could say anything else.

I feel bad for Elizabeth. She is not getting treated right because of me. She deserves better.

I turned the corner from the parlor and I saw the one person I didn't want to hear that conversion.

"So, when were you going to tell me that?" Elizabeth asked me.

"I can explain." I told her.

"You just did." She said.

She then walked away from me. I went after her. But she was gone when I thought I was caught up.

My aunt is already ruining everything. Therefore, I didn't want them to meet yet. I must do something about this.

*Elizabeth's POV*

I went to my room. It was far away from Darcy's room. It now makes sense. She hates me because she can't marry her daughter to Darcy.

I was relaxing in my room. I then heard a knock at my door. I got up and opened it to see it was...