Chapter 10

I was relaxing in my room. I then heard a knock at my door. I got up and opened it to see it was Darcy standing there.

"What do you want?" I asked him annoyed.

"I know you are annoyed with me. I don't blame you. I promise straight tomorrow morning we will be out. No longer." He told me.

"Okay." I said.

"Please don't act that. I thought everything was going good with me." He said to me.

"Yeah. I thought so too. Until this. You should have warned me." I said to him annoyed.

"I know I should have. I am sorry. Please forgive me. If you were listening to our conversation. Then you heard me tell her you make me happy. That you are the one I want to marry." He told me.

"How do I make you happy when we don't even know each other?" I asked him.

"Just you being you." He told me.

"I forgive you on this. But if there is anything else you must tell me. Please tell me now." I said to him.

*Darcy's POV*

I looked at her. I know I should tell her about Wickham. She already meets him. She deserves to know but not here.

"Yes. There is something I need to tell you. But not here. When we get to Pemberley. I promise you. I will tell you everything. Just now and not here." I told her. I hope she will be okay with that.

"Fine. But I am giving you until then. Anything later you will regret it." She told me.

"I know. I promise." I said.

"I am tired. I am going to bed. Night Darcy." She said to me.

"Good night Elizabeth and I am sorry again for what my aunt did." I told her.

"It's fine. I can handle her." She said. She then closed the door and went to my room.

Tomorrow right after we eat and everything. No later. I don't want to make Elizabeth any more uncomfortable.

*Elizabeth's POV*

It was the next morning. I got dressed and headed to breakfast. Darcy promise that we would leave right away. I know he meant after breakfast.

I went to the dining hall. Everyone else was already there. Darcy came over to me when I enter the room.

"Slept well?" He asked me censured.

"Yeah. As much as I could get. What about you?" I asked him.

"Same." He told me.

We went over to the table. I sat down by Jane. She knows something was wrong. Darcy sat across of me.

We all ate in silence. No one said a word. Not until Darcy said,

"We shall be leaving right after breakfast."

"Why?" Lady Catherine asked.

"Long trip. What to get there before sunset." I told her.

"Very well." She said annoyed.

After we all ate we got our things and left. I felt like I could breathe again. Darcy could tell too. He touches my hand to let me know everything was going to be okay.