Chapter 31

She then heading out of the library. I then headed to the window. I looked out to see if anything was out there. I really wanted answers. But tonight, I was not going to get them. So, I headed to bed. One day I will get the answers I need.

It has been a while since that day. It is getting close to the ball. A lot more of the guests are here now. The ball is tomorrow night. I am a little bit nerves. I don't get why. Elizabeth has been safe since that day. She hasn't been alone much. She hangs a lot in the library.

"Hey you." Elizabeth said coming into my study. She had a book in her hand.

"Hey. How are you?" I asked her.

"Fine. You are hiding without me? No fair." She said jokingly.

"You guys wanted the guests here. Not me." I told her.

"Hahaha." She said.

She put the book back. She was looking at my selves trying to find another book. I was watching her look at the books. She is so beautiful. She takes my breath away. I was distracted. But I was pulled away from my distraction by a knock at my door.

"Enter." I said. Elizabeth and I looked at the to see my cousin Fitzwilliam coming in.

"Everyone was wondering where you two were." He told us.

"Does everyone know where we are?" Elizabeth asked.

"No. Don't worry. No will know. I just want somewhere to hide too." He said.

"Deal." Elizabeth said. Looks like I have no say in this is. But alright. I just went back to my paper work in have.

*Elizabeth's POV*

I was looking for a new book. Colonel Fitzwilliam came over to the book self. He was looking at it too. He then said,

"Darcy, always had a great taste in books. I always thought he got that from his mother. She was a big reader."

"Really? I have seen Darcy pick up a book once. Since we meet." I told him truthfully looking over to Darcy. He looked up at me.

"Really? That surprises me. He always is reading. Mostly when he was younger. Fighting and reading were his two favorite things to do." He told me.

"The fighting part I can believe. But the reading the part I have to call you bluffing." I told him.

"No bluffs here. Isn't that right my dear cousin?" Fitzwilliam asked Darcy.

"Yes. I did love reading when I was younger. But now when I am older I haven't found so much time for it." Darcy said.

"There is always time to read. You just have to make it." I said.

Fitzwilliam smiled at my comment I made. But it was true. If he really wanted to read. He could have found the time. He just chooses not to. I think I might change that. But for right now we all hide away.