Chapter 30

I turned and looked at them. I could tell they all were willing to help. These men who were here now were good friends. But Charles will always be my closest and dear friend. I then said,

"Thank you. I would appreciate that."

It was later that day. It was almost night fall. I haven't really seen Elizabeth much the rest of the day. I don't blame her if she wanted some alone time after what happened. The first time since the talk we had with her father was dinner. After that I have seen her.

I last heard she was hiding out in the library. I think she was trying to find something new to read. Something to take her mind off of what happened today. I went to the library. It was big so I had to go look for her. I then found her looking at a self. I walked over to her. I was not trying to scare her.

"Elizabeth." I said.

She turned and looked at me. She gave me a small smile. She then said,

"Darcy."

"How are you doing? We haven't got to talk much after the talk we had with your father." I asked her consured about her.

"I am alright. Just have a lot of questions and no answers for them." She told me.

"I know. I am with you." I told her truthfully.

She started to look again. I walked with her. She was running her figure over the spines of the books. I then asked,

"What a new light read?"

"Yes. I got done with my last one." She told me.

"If you wanted to read something. You know you can go to my collation." I told her.

"I know. But you were busy talking with your guests. I didn't want to intrude." She told me truthfully.

I smiled to myself. She was so sweet about that. She hides that away. I then said,

"If you really wanted something to read. You could have come in. You won't be intruding."

"Next time. I will." She said. She then pulled a book off the self. Turned to me and smiled. She then walked away from me.

"Everything will be alright. It will get better." I told her. I more promised her.

"I know." She said smiling at me.

She then heading out of the library. I then headed to the window. I looked out to see if anything was out there. I really wanted answers. But tonight, I was not going to get them. So, I headed to bed. One day I will get the answers I need.