Chapter 5

Darcy stayed for a bit longer. Then he left. I know I was doing something right. I am doing this for my family. I know he told me I never yield my sword. But once I say those two words I will have too. So, we will see how this will go.

It has been a few days since Darcy asked me to marry him. He has been here a few times since that day. He has been busy lately so he hasn't been over much.

"Elizabeth, you got a letter." Jane said handing me the letter.

I am happy it was my sister Jane who got the letter instead my mother or Lydia or Kitty. I smiled at her. I then saw the handing.

"Who is it from?" Jane asked taking a seat next to me.

"I think it is from Darcy." I told her.

"Then open it. See what he wants." Jane said.

Then rest of my family came into the parlor. What did they have a feeling of me getting a letter?

"What's that?" My mother asked when she saw that I had a letter.

"A letter. Before you ask. It's from Darcy I think." I told her. Before my mother could say anything or comment. "So, if you don't mind."

I then got up and left. I wanted to read this without my mother and sisters down my neck. Jane, I won't mind. But Lydia and Kitty those girls are just nosey.

I went on top of our roof. It was a nice place to get away. No one except for Jane comes up here. I sat down on a stone up there. But I could read it. I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Jane.

"Don't worry. I am not here to bug you. I just thought maybe you want to talk about it after you read it." Jane said taking a seat too.

"Don't worry Jane. I don't mind you hearing what he has to say." I told her.

I opened the letter and read,

Dear Elizabeth,

I am writing you this letter to inform you that my aunt found out about the engagement. She doesn't know who it is. But she wants to meet you.

So, I thought this would be a good time to take a trip to Pemberley. So that you could meet my sister. She still knows nothing. Remember earlier times I told you I wanted to tell her in person. Well I thought this would be a good timing.

So please let me know your thoughts and censures about this. I know this might be a lot to take in. Trust me. This is not how I wanted her to find out. I don't even know who told her.

Please write back soon. Let me know what you think.

Sincerely Always,

Darcy

I then handed Jane the letter. She looked at me. I nodded to let her know it was okay. She then read the letter herself.

"Oh, Elizabeth. What a wonderful chance you get?" Jane said.

"I know. I always wanted to meet his sister. He told me a lot about her. But his aunt. Do you know who his aunt is?" I asked her.

"No. Who is she?" Jane asked me.

"Lady Catherine de Bourgh." I told her.

"Are you kidding me?" Jane asked covering her mouth.

"Nope. She is his aunt. I don't know Jane." I told her.

"You will be great. What about I join you? You have to have another woman with you." Jane suggested me.

"I was thinking something else." I told her.

"What?" She asked me.

"You will see. I should write him back." I said going to my room to write him back.

*Darcy's POV*

"Darcy letter for you. I think it is from Ms. Elizabeth." Charles said handing me a letter.

"Why would she be writing you?" Caroline asked me.

"Well Caroline, because she is going to be my future wife." I told her straight out.

Then I saw Mr. Hurst and Louisa looked at me surprised. Caroline looked at me shocked and token of guide.

"Then let me be the first to say congratulation Darcy." Mr. Hurst said.

"Thank-you Mr. Hurst." I said to him.

"Well, what a surprise you spring on us." Caroline said.

"Well, we really didn't care who know. She hasn't even told her best friends yet." I told them.

"Really? I thought she would be one of the first to know." Charles said.

"Yes. But Ms. Charlotte has been busy. So, Elizabeth has had time to tell her." I told them.

I opened the letter and read,