Chapter 23

I just sat there thinking about everything. I was thinking about Darcy and how I felt about him. I then said,

"I don't know how I feel about him yet. But he is showing me a new side of himself. So, I am keeping an opened mind."

"At less you are keeping an opened mind." Jane said.

"Yeah I know. He is doing our family a huge favor. So, I thought it was the right thing to do." I told Jane truthfully.

It has been a while since that day. Today all of us ladies are going shopping for dresses. Caroline had invited us to join her and her sister. I thought it was weird. But Georgiana, Lydia, and Kitty really wanted to go. So, I agreed to it. But I am not putting my guard down when I am around her. I don't trust her.

We meet Caroline and her sister at their place. It was a nice place. You know who designed it. It screamed Caroline. But I guess she got that all from her mother. Today the dress shopping was for the ball Georgiana was throwing for me and Darcy.

"Ready to go?" My mother asked them.

"Yes. I thought we take you guys to our favorite shop." Caroline said.

The shop was probably out of our spending limit. But I told my mother not to worry. Let the girls get whatever dress they want. I will buy it. Darcy gave me money for all our dresses. We both know Caroline would do something like this. So, we had a plan ourselves.

"How delighted. I bet it's the best shop in town." My mother said.

"It is. Only the best go there." Caroline said with a smile.

We got to the shop. We started to look around. All the dresses were gorgeous. I tried a few of them on. But none of them screamed at me. I wanted a perfect dress for that day. I saw Caroline was watching me and my family. Lydia and Kitty was in heaven.

"That last dress looked great on you Elizabeth." Jane said.

"Thanks. But not the one." I said.

"You would probably find it." Caroline said.

"Yeah I know." I said.

We shopped for a bit longer. Everyone found their dresses. But I haven't found my dress yet. We were checking out. I went to pay for the dresses.

"Did you find everything you needed?" The women who owned the shop asked me.

"They did. I haven't found my dress just yet." I told her truthfully.

"What? No one leaves my place empty handed." She told me.

"Well, I must be your first." I told her.

"No. You will not be my first." She said. She then smirked at me. "Follow me."

I looked at everyone. I did as she said. I followed her. She took me to the......