Chapter 58

I smiled about that. But I could tell there was something brothering him. Was it about the mystery person? Has he figure something out? Was there anything new on the subject?

We walked a little bit longer and then separated from everyone. I wanted to talk to him. I know something is bothering him. I just can't figure out what. When we got far enough from everyone. I then asked,

"What is bothering you?"

He looked at me. He didn't say anything right away. We went to a bench that came in our path. He then said,

"Elizabeth, I hate to say that we have found nothing. But I will not give up. I will keep you safe."

"Darcy, I know you will keep me safe. But I don't want you over think this all. Let it take over you. We know there is a threat out there that wants to hurt what is here. But the best thing we can do is stick together and not let it win." I told him.

"I will do that for you. But I hate to know that there is a threat out there after you. I can't do anything to stop it." He told me.

"I know you will figure it out. But for right now can we life in the now. Figure it all out as the time goes. Together." I told him.

He smiled at me and kissed my hand. He then said,

"As you wish."

We then walked back to everyone. Surprisal Jane, Charles, and Georgianna was still walking around the grounds. But I think they were just waiting for us. We joined them and headed back inside. I could see Caroline and her sister stand by a window looking down at us.

*Darcy's POV*

When we got back inside Jane, Elizabeth, and my sister went find everyone else. Charles and I headed to his study. I need to think a few things over and talk to someone. I know I promised Elizabeth that I won't let this take over me. But I can't just step back and let someone come after her.

When we got to Charles' study I couldn't hold in any more. I let out a sigh that I have been holding in for a while. I plopped down on the chair. He handed me a glass. I took it and just held it. I didn't really want a drink. But took it any ways.

"So, what now?" Charles asked me.

"I promised her that I won't let this take me over and that we will go throw it together. But for right now we live in the now." I told him.

"But what do you want?" He asked me.

I looked down at the drink in my hand and took a drink from it. Now I get why he gave me it. I then put it down. I said,

"I hate knowing she isn't safe here. That someone or something is after her. I can't do anything about it. I just have to wait until something happens."

It was all true. I hated that she was not safe here or with me. I am posting to become her husband. I can't even protect her from something. But I will do everything I can to do that. At the same time keep my word to her. I will never let her down.