Chater 36: HOME!

-----YOUR POV-----

We continued walking in a circle formation acting like a shield around the senseis and the rest of team 10. Occasionally giant beasts covered in dried mud charged at us but nothing we couldn't handle. We'd shift position every once in a while so we would all be equally exhausted. It was my turn to lead so i was up front.
"Meow." I looked at Gray who was walking beside me. "Don't worry Gray. When we get there ill give you some water and food. Sound good?" He looked away and turned his head straight forward. I guess he understood me then. He suddenly ran ahead of me and stopped standing sideways his back arched and his fur stood up. We stopped at our tracks at the sudden behavior Gray showed. He growled and hissed over to the road. "I think your cat is broken dumbass." Katsuki yelled. I shushed him and looked forward to where Gray was hissing. "DON'T YOU SHUSH ME!" He yelled back. "Bakugou. Be quiet." Sir Aizawa said forcing him to stand down. I instinctively reached for a kunai "Sensei." I called out. "Something is not right." I could hear footsteps coming beside me. "You're right." He said. "I'll go check it out." I stopped him before he could get past me. "I think it should be Ino." I hear another set of footsteps come up behind me. "Do you sense anything Ino?" I asked her eyes scanned the forest but she never replied. Gray meowed loudly as his tail swung side to side then two people appeared about thirty feet away from him. "Genjutsu!" Ino said. I could hear the others getting ready to battle. "They just appeared out of nowhere!" One of the class 1b said. "No they where there the whole time waiting for us to get closer." I said. "It's called a genjutsu. It makes the victim see illusions. As for them, they hid their presence from us." i explained. "(y/n). Deduce." Asuma-sensei said. I scanned the enemies searching for any indication of their identity. "Yes sir." I turned to ino. "Give me your eyes." she then used one of her jutsus letting me get a good look at the two men in front of us. "No headbands, large weapons, working alone, they must be partners. They didn't come to us freely, instead they hid themselves using genjutsu." I felt Ino's jutsu fade. "Well?" Asuma-sensei asked me. "Mercenaries. They're targeting us." I said. "Ino protect the others." Yamato sensei said walking towards us. "Right." She said running bar to rejoin Shikamaru and Choji in the center.

"She's smart." one of the two men said.
"But is she strong enough for us?" The other one said.
There was a still silence between us. Sizing each other up before we start fighting.
"Whats happening?" "are we supposed to fight?" i heard murmurs of questions stir up at the back. Ino told them to stand down. "We have unwanted guests." Shikamaru said. Both Yamato sensei and Asuma sensei sprinted towards the enemies, as did they. I summoned three clones then sprinted off following them. Kunais and shurikens where thrown, Yamato sensei stopped mid way and used his wood technique to attack the men from below while Asuma sensei fought them close ranged with his melee weapons. One of the men ran towards Yamato sensei. "Go help Asuma sensei." I ran out from my clones and headed towards him and kicked him on the jaw. I landed on one knee while he stumbled backwards. "I got this one sensei." Gray leaped in front of me attacking the man then kicking him off to the side. I watched as he exchanged a fight with gray. I shook my head and sprinted towards them and fought with him too. Gray seemed to sync up with me, every time i spin, duck or leave my self open trying to evade his attacks, Gray was there attacking him for me. Seconds later he was on the ground struggling to get up. "ninneko." i whispered to myself. I shook my head and snapped out of my train of thoughts. "Let's go Gray." I charged to where Asuma sensei was. "Great. Just what i needed!" The guy slammed his fist to the ground sent waves that pushed us away from him. He pulled out these swords that extended sideways curving. Its jagged edges would be a lethal hit. He swung his sword swiping towards us. I could have sworn the sword could extend father than it seemed. His movements seemed to quicken.

-----NO ONE'S-----

He swung his sword towards the girl as she tried her best to evade him. He reached for her again this time (Y/n)'s back was against a tree she instantly moved to the side. The man's sword swiftly wrapped around the trunk of the tree and effortlessly crushed it slicing it into nothing but chunks of wood. Everyone watched surprised at the lethality of the weapon. Both (y/n) and Asuma sensei couldn't seem to get closer to the enemy. (y/n) was suddenly wrapped by said weapon.
"(y/n)!" her classmates called out. Their eyes widened at (y/n). Izuku was about to step in but was held down my Shikamaru. They watched her body cut, minced and decapitated into smaller bits. Asuma picked up a Fuma Shuriken and threw it. He was fast however, he spun around and blocked the shuriken sending it flying elsewhere. "You missed" He chimed teasingly. Asuma smirked and chuckled "Did i?" a female yelled from behind him and punched him on the face, she grabbed his sword before he could fly away from her. His body hit a tree hard making a large dent. (y/n) was perfectly fine, she walked over to the man with Gray standing on her shoulders his tail swinging sideways. They looked over to there they last saw (y/n), chopped up wood replaced where her remains should be. "H-how?" he weakly asked looking up at the girl. She looked at him tilting her head to the side mimicking him. She scoffed up a smirk and kicked him on the face knocking him unconscious. The team then tied up the two men and wrapped them with cloth all the way to their necks. "Why these? Aren't we supposed to use this with corpses when we bring it back home?" Choji asked. The classes shuddered upon hearing their conversation. 'corpses? They've killed someone before?' Shikamaru hummed and boredly explained. "At least with this it'll be harder for them to escape." He said injecting something into the unconscious men. "How the hell did she escape that?!"
"Was that another illusion?"
"WOO! THATS CLASS 1A'S (Y/N) UZUMAKI!"
"Shes alive. Im relieved."
Shikamaru as always grunted in annoyance and moved away from the group.
Izuku went up to Ino and asked her what just happened.
"Well.. Maybe you didn't see it but when she was trapped, that was actually her. Good thing Gray helped her get out." She said sighing in relief.
His smile disappeared and was replaced by confusion. "Her cat?"
"Yeah. I think she just noticed it right now but Gray isn't just some ordinary cat." She smiled. "He's a nineko. A ninja cat to be precise."
Izuku's eyes lit up. "Woah! There are things as ninja cats?!"
Ino giggled at his curiosity. "Yeah. You've already met a ninja slug remember? Katsuyu."
He nodded "That's right i remember! In the sports festival and in the USJ."
"Ninja slug?" The class 1B approached.
"Oh uh. You weren't conscious after your match with Kirishima." Izuku said to Tetsutetsu. "Basically you two punched eachother and ended up knocking both of you out. (Y/n) summoned a ninja slug and healed both of you." They began talking about (y/n) during the sports festival and Katsuyu.