Chapter 156: 愛

Betcha weren't expecting this were you?! >:D

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

Gaara's confidence was slowly deteriorating the moment he knocked on the dorm. He could feel his heart quickening from the nervousness he felt but now, standing outside with (y/n) herself his courage plummeted down drastically.
"I uh..." He trailed of looking away rubbing the back of his neck. He let out a steady sigh and faced her.
"In that letter i wrote to inform you about my arrival today. I had it sent three days ago in hopes you'd be prepared for the time when i finally came but..." He trailed off.
"It's fine. You're still welcome Gaara. Anytime!" She smiled, grinning at Gaara.
"Actually, I came here to.." His nervousness caught on to him putting his words to a halt.
"Hmm?" (y/n) asked.
"I c-came to cou..rt y-you." He kept his eyes glued to the ground not wanting to face (y/n).

She blinked several timed before finally processing what Gaara had said.
"Court me?" She asked surprised and flustered by Gaara's words. Her mid went blank as she felt her blood rising to her cheeks feeling her cheeks tingling with warmth.
Gaara nodded. "The thing is. I've liked you for so long now. I don't want to take things too quickly so i was wondering if i could court you." He paused slowly gaining his confidence again, he reached his hand to her holding it in his giving it a light squeeze. He looked back at her with a faint tinge of red on his pale skin. "We could spend time with each other for a while and maybe i can show you that i am worthy for your heart."

"Gaara..." Her heart was beating way too fast and her mind couldn't comprehend what was going on. She looked back at him looking all flustered.

"Of course. Only if you'll allow it." He finished.

"I-.." She paused looking at her hands that he held on to. Then her eyes went back to his. "I would love to." She said faintly as the sin that blew past them.
Gaara looked at her surprised that anyone would actually accept his courtship. Let alone her. He chuckled and feeling the tears swelling up in his eyes. He stepped forward wrapping his arms around her comfortingly engulfing her with a hug. He held on to her tightly.

"Thank you... Thank you so much." He said with a shaky breath trying to keep his composure and his tears from spilling.
She was surprised at his sudden actions but she hugged him back anyways.

Gaara offered to take her somewhere around the city but since (y/n) didn't want to risk it they decided to stay well in UA's property

Gaara offered to take her somewhere around the city but since (y/n) didn't want to risk it they decided to stay well in UA's property. Just not in her dorm. They first stayed in the garden sitting beside the small waterfall at the side. Chatting away as Gaara offered to braid her hair and decorated it with wild flowers.

"So Temari and Kankuro forced to to come here." She said laughing.
"Yes. They told me to be honest with my self and pursuit my desires before they fade. Then they sent me off." He said adding another flower to her hair.
"But what about the village." She asked concerned about Sunagakure.
"In all honesty, I am worried but they also said to loosen up." He paused. "If there's anyone who knows the works of being kazekage its Temari and Kankuro. I trust them both to continue the work while my departure."
"So you came here alone? Isn't that kind of Dangerous? Especially for a Kage?" She asked.
"It is but i did not come here alone. I have escorts with me for the time being."
(y/n) nodded ever so slightly. "I see. That's good to here!" She chimed.
"I had planned this for quite some time now, i was scared at the thought of your brother rejecting my permission."
"Naruto?"
"Yes. I hade important matters to talk with Lady Hokage and while i was in Konoha. On my way out i met with Naruto. So i spared a few minutes to talk to him. Surprisingly he granted me permission to court you." He said.
(y/n) remembered the letter she had read earlier. So.. That's what that was about...