Chapter 168: Jiraiya the Gallant

-----YOUR POV-----

I felt weak and heavy like i had just pulled a city sized boulder up a steep mountain. My head was cloudy and painful. My muscles felt heavy and droopy. It took almost all my strength just to stay up sitting and hold my head in my palms. I opened my eyes and scanned my surroundings but it wasn't where i expected I'd be. Instead i was in Mt. Myoboku but Sakura and Ino were there. I looked at them confused. Outsiders in Mt. Myoboku? Not like i didn't trust them. Its the toads that didn't trust them.

I stared at my two friends confused. Blinking away fog in my mind.
"H-how? Why? Why am i here?" I asked stumbling and mumbling on my words feeling the weight drop on my shoulders. I hadn't realized i was leaning until Ino caught me.
"Hey. I think you should lay down." She said pushing me lightly, guiding me to lay back to my bed.
I laid back down and looked at Ino.
"Don't worry Sakura and I came along to chack on you. You really had us worried there."
"You had a fever for the past two days but we got it back down so you're okay."
"Where's Gray?" I scanned the room but i didnt find him anywhere. "What about UA? Or Isami High? What happened to them? Are they okay?" I asked remembering the last time i was awake. I fear that i may have passed something i wasn't supposed to.
"They're okay. Gray is back in UA woth your classmates waiting for you" Ino said.
"Some of the students got hurt from the flying debris and branches but nothing too serious." Sakura said placing her hand on my arm comfortably. I sighed in relief.
"Im guessing you are fully aware of what happened back in UA?" I tured to Fukasaku. I forced myself to sit up. I wanted to greet him but the immense pain and my tiredness washed over me.
"Take it easy. You just woke up. The medicine we gave you wont effect until later." Sakura said.
I looked up at the ceiling. I think i went past four tails there. All i remember was feeling cold, desperate, the feeling a thousand needles poking through my skin. It was horrible. I remembered her voice, calling out to me. She pulled me into the darkness. I lost my train of thoughts and consciousness. I remember fighting with her. I lost control over my body. I could feel her anger and frustration but i also felt a lot of things. She tried to forcibly take control and that might have been her closest call but i think we all know how that went down.

"We had to seal it manually. It was the reason why you were passed out for two days and why you have a fever. Its power was trying to weaken your body inorder to take control."

I looked up at the ceiling. "I see.. Thank you Fukasaku-sama."

"You know how we treated you, now you need to know why it all triggered in the first place." Fukasaku sounded strained. My heart quickened. I was certain that i wouldn't like what he wanted to say but.

"Pa." Shima, Fukasaku's wife called out unsure.

"I have to ma. You know that. She deserves to know too."

Everyone went quiet. sakura and Ino's expressions went grim amd bitter. I was nervous looking at them. I knew it was bad. Should j have stopped them from telling me? I don't know. I probably should have...

"Well just around the time when you turned and it kicked in, Naruto was having an episode too. Good thing Kakashi, with the help of other ninjas stopped him before it could get worse."

"Naruto too? H-how? Were miles away." I asked in disbelief. My eyes scanned whatever i could see while laying down. Sakura and ino shared a glance before looking away hesitantly. "What is it?" I asked.
"(Y/n)." Sakura let out a pained sigh. "You see, we received a message from someone on a mission by the land of rain." Oh my God! Get straight to the point!
"What do you mean? How is this connected to me?" To think Naruto experienced the same. What happened to him? Did he got hurt? Was there an attack? What?!
"(Y/n)-"
"What?!" I was getting impatient. I get they were trying to calm me down but íts Naruto. I need to know if he's okay and they're killing me with all these talk.