Chapter 9: Rescue

I'm writing this on a laptop so the paragraph positions might be a little different than my usual one.. On to the story!!

-------------------------

-----YOUR POV-----

Lunch came and i sat with the usual group. Iida and Uraraka on the other side with me and Midoriya sitting across for them.
"Even though I've been chosen as class rep, i don't know if im even qualified for it." Midoriya said.
"You are." Uraraka said.
"You'll be fine." Iida said.
"Just do what you think is best for our classmates."
I looked over to him and shot him a smile. " Your courage and judgment in critical moments make you worth following, that's why I voted for you."
"It was you?" Midoriya asked surprised "But didn't you want to be class rep, too, Iida? I mean you've got the glasses and everything."
I sweat dropped at Uraraka's statement.
"I don't think that how it works though." i said.
She turned to me and asked "Oh yeah! Why did you decline being the class rep, (y/n)? you would have been perfect since most of our classmates have taken a liking to you."
I nervously laughed at her statement "I just felt like being a class rep was just far too big of a step for me. After all, I'm still new in this town and i'm still getting used to all you guys. i didn't feel like i was suitable for the job." i said smiling shyly.
"Awe! you're so cute when you smile!" Uraraka teased.
"Eh?!" i gasped looking away in a blush.
"Wanting to do it and being suitable for it are two different issues. i merely did what i judged to be correct." i choked

"Merely?!" both Uraraka and Midoriya exclaimed in unison. "You've never used that word before." i said putting my bowl down Iida on the other hand was struggling for words. "Hey, Iida i've been thinking. Are you a rich boy, Iida?" well that's one way to ask someone. "I tried to change how i talk because i didn't want to be called that." as a result of that statement Iida received stares from his two friends. This conversation went on Iida talking about his family. I never guessed he was a part of a long line of heroes. I just listened as he went on rambling about his family and his brother then he smiled. Not that you don't see often.

"You smiled!" Uraraka chimed. "That may have been the first time we've seen you smile." Midoriya said. "Hey now! I do smile. (y/n) back me up!" i shook my head. "You're mostly 'don't do this' or don't do that'." i said innocently. He sulked at my comment then we laughed continuing the conversation until the school's alarm went off.

"All students, please evacuate outdoors promptly" the speaker said.

Everyone started panicking and running towards the exit. "A level 3 security?!" a student yelled. We stood up to head for the exit but we got pushed into the crowd. I was pushed harshly onto other students back.

'You're just another freak!' a male said. 'p-please stop it.' i begged. They started to push me around, i wasn't able to keep my balance that i fell on the floor. 'That hurt!' i said. 'serves you right.' they just continued bully me. I thought it would end there but one kid started to kick me then the other, soon enough all of them started to throw some punches along with those kicks. I bawled myself in my arms covering my head. At that moment all i could think about was help. I screamed calling out to anyone. Anyone who'd help me but their hits grew more painful the more i screamed so i braced myself and prayed that Naruto would come and find me. For each punch and kick i whispered his name to myself as quiet as i could.

'Naruto.' i whispered to myself, eyes shut and tears dampening the soil beneath me.

'Naruto.'

I was snapped back into reality with my classmates shaking me and calling out my name. "(Y/N)!" i looked at them i saw Kirishima who had his hands on my arm. Denki and Midoriya beside him then at the back was Uraraka and Iida, they all had worried expressions on their faces. I sat up and felt a wall behind me so i just leaned on it. "Hey, you okay?" Kirishima asked. "You just started crying then the next thing we saw, you were bawling yourself on the ground." Midoriya said. "Good thing Iida had a great idea that calmed the crowd." Uraraka said, i looked over to Iida "it was nothing really." he rubbed the backside of his neck and looked away. "Thank you." he smiled at me, i turned my head to the others "You guys too. Thank you." i smiled at them. "let's get you up." Denki said helping kirishima pull me up, they walked with me to the exit. "Um (y/n)? one question. Who's Naruto? You see, you kept saying that name." i looked down and balled my fist. "He's my brother. I guess i'm just used with him always being there for me."